STOP RAINING ALREADY!

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
new yorkers...do we need to make some sort of sacrifice to a diety or something? this is too damn much. sh*t's hurting sales bad

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    new yorkers...
    do we need to make some sort of sacrifice to a diety or something? this is too damn much. sh*t's hurting sales bad

Tough being a Coppertone salesman, eh?

We had a stretch of rain out here a couple weeks ago, then for the last few days its been closer to spring-like in temperatures.

Summer is short enough as is, we better be getting some 70 days in November...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Im saying. altho i dont mind all these unprepared women with see thru dresses on

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Im saying. altho i dont mind all these unprepared women with see thru dresses on

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    word. we already have to deal with 6mos of cold-schitty weather, let us have our summer months.

June '09 = Wasted Summer Month

Mother Nature owes us October in the mid 70's for this.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    You, too?

Summer's been on strike in Chicago as well, this year. Everytime we get two or three consecutive days of good weather, along comes the clouds to mess up the whole program.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    this is messing w/ my July 4 weekend plans

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

I don't remember a June like this.

Less murders are cool, but this has gotta be f*cking up the money for all kinds of businesses.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    this shit sux. i got caught out there at lunch, and it dropped hard quick.

btw, this is why it's raining every day:
    http://www.otto-otto.com/2009/06/high-line-ghost-story/

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

For those that don't habla Espa??ol, El Ni??o is Spanish for... The Ni??o!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    this has gotta be f*cking up the money for all kinds of businesses.

i dont see how it could wreck businesses - a freak SNOWSTORM would wreck businesses - but it would definitely mess up the festival and outdoor BBQ scene

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

For those that don't habla Espa??ol, El Ni??o is Spanish for... The Ni??o!

so classique...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

awesome!!!

• flyfly 18 Posts
    dam its really hot here in scotland
    thats the first time ive ever said that

nah but it is ive got no skin on my head left

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

i dont see how it could wreck businesses - a freak SNOWSTORM would wreck businesses - but it would definitely mess up the festival and outdoor BBQ scene

Not talking about "wrecking businesses", but I would imagine restaurants, concert spots, bars, various street vendors, and a lot of retail spots in general had a pretty rough June, having only 6 days of sun all month has gotta depress the economy to some degree.

Especially in New York where people aren't generally driving anywhere, they're out walking to and from the subway. A lot of businesses depend on walk in business that doesn't happen when people ain't out. The only people getting over on this are cab drivers.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Not talking about "wrecking businesses", but I would imagine restaurants, concert spots, bars, various street vendors, and a lot of retail spots in general had a pretty rough June, having only 6 days of sun all month has gotta depress the economy to some degree.

Especially in New York where people aren't generally driving anywhere, they're out walking to and from the subway. A lot of businesses depend on walk in business that doesn't happen when people ain't out. The only people getting over on this are cab drivers.

you're right on that one. lots of restaurants live for the summer when they can expand thier capacity out to the street or in their gardens. and folks love to eat/drink outside when possible. crappy weather is def. hurting some businesses here in the city (sans umbrella hustlers).

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Please send some to the PHX por favor.

• TensTens 27 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Monsoon's brewin' down in Tucson.

BIG TIME.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Monsoon's brewin' down in Tucson.

BIG TIME.

ALREADY?

Dude....we almost had Maysoons up here. It's so freaking humid up here, but there is ZERO rain yet. It's been an odd year in the P-H-X.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    same shit is fuckinug up the jazzfest here

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    The rains have made it realllll bad for farmers too, fungus, mud splashbacks etc.

"In the month of June, almost 3.5 inches of rain has fallen. That is more than an inch more rain than the area gets in an average June and the month is barely half over. And there is no end in immediate sight, said National Weather Service Meteorologist Aaron Tyburski. "It's still going to be moist for the next week or so," he said. There is a chance of rain almost every day through the weekend.
    That is bad news for strawberry lovers, who can expect the season to be shortened by at least a week due to the over-moist conditions.

"It's much to wet for them," said Perry County farmer Brian Dobbs, who was having a banner berry year at his stand in the farmers market held Tuesdays and Fridays at the Farm Show Complex. "It changed in a hurry. Cool, damp weather isn't good for berries. Fungus, mold, that stuff is an issue. The strawberries are molding before you can even pick them."

The wet conditions impact more than the strawberries. Root vegetables are smaller because the rain has compacted the ground so tightly, Dobbs explained. The rainy weather has also hampered farmers, who need dry conditions to make hay and firm ground to get into the fields to finish planting.

"Pretty much everything is behind," said Dobbs.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Weekly Crop and Weather Roundup for the state, it's been almost a month since farmers have had more than three days suitable for field work in a week." [/b]

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    almost perma-overcast. give me hail, or something.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I love the rain - perhaps because of the raer factor, living in CA. However, I'm sure if it was an everyday occurrence, I would want to put a gun to my head.