The B.U.M.S. Sample ID.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
What's this played in the intro? I feel like I should know it but I can't remember what it is.The B.U.M.S. "Suck My D*ck" (interlude)"I went up to the sky, way up highSaw all the colors of the rainbow, I could fly!"

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    F*ck it, I want to know what Joe Quixxx used on this:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I have a feeling Jinxy or Paycheck can answer both.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    F*ck it, I want to know what Joe Quixxx used on this:

They're called "sleigh bells", Oliver. I mean, really?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

If not, I'm waiting on Matthew Africa

If not, I'm waiting on Matthew Africa

Ooh yeah...him too!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This seems as good a time as any to state that Lyfe N Tyme is one of my all time favourite rap tracks no doubt in part due to Mystic's verse.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    don't know the sample, but the original floppy disks of this album ended up with a friend of mine when he bought Joe's EPS. True hip-hop story

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    This seems as good a time as any to state that Lyfe N Tyme is one of my all time favourite rap albums.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    This seems as good a time as any to state that Lyfe N Tyme is one of my all time favourite rap albums.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    F*ck... it's not the Wackers, but it's on some record that has a dope drum break on it.

-e

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Sorry that wasnt very helpful, but it's some rock record with a drum break on it and dudes on the cover looking like hippies... i think.

-e

• 1manband1manband 34 Posts
    The Jaggerz - Memoirs Of The Traveler

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    That's what the F*ck it is! That's why I mentioned Wackers. I knew it wsa something similar to that!

Not as hippy looking as I remember in my private mind gardn.

-e

Also sampled for:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The Bums have not aged well IMO.

Rappin 4-Tay on the other hand...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Love The B.U.M.S.

Somebody should put out an album of unreleased Joe Quixx beats or something.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is mah sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!

• I was reading this thread last night which made me pull out my copy of 'Lyfe N Tyme' which in turn made me pull out my copy of The Nonce 'World Ultimate'.... anyone happen to know what sampler/s they used to make World Ultimate? I love that sound they got for that record.

(RIP Yusef "Afloat" Muhammad)

Anybody have an mp3? Please??

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Anybody have an mp3? Please??

http://www.divshare.com/download/7676288-b2a

Thank you, sir!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I was reading this thread last night which made me pull out my copy of 'Lyfe N Tyme' which in turn made me pull out my copy of The Nonce 'World Ultimate'.... anyone happen to know what sampler/s they used to make World Ultimate? I love that sound they got for that record.

Pretty sure it was an SP12 or 1200.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=56DOZOXH

Link to the whole lp.
    Peace

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The Nonce[/b]....

Common UK slang for paedophile. They ever tour over here?

• I was reading this thread last night which made me pull out my copy of 'Lyfe N Tyme' which in turn made me pull out my copy of The Nonce 'World Ultimate'.... anyone happen to know what sampler/s they used to make World Ultimate? I love that sound they got for that record.

Pretty sure it was an SP12 or 1200.

Maybe for the drums but the rest sounds so clean!

Yeah i was aware of the uk slang - unfortunate!

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    I was reading this thread last night which made me pull out my copy of 'Lyfe N Tyme' which in turn made me pull out my copy of The Nonce 'World Ultimate'.... anyone happen to know what sampler/s they used to make World Ultimate? I love that sound they got for that record.

World Ultimate was done with an S950 and a sequencer that... I can't remember, but it used batteries and Sach said they had to leave the studio all the time to go get batteries.

• World Ultimate was done with an S950 and a sequencer that... I can't remember, but it used batteries and Sach said they had to leave the studio all the time to go get batteries.

Wow, thank you!