Are people who encode mp3's at 320kbps posers?

Ex-BoyfriendEx-Boyfriend 795 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
to me its obvious

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    real headz use low bitrate realaudio files and use 320kbps mp3s for toilet paper.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's a selling point.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    what bitrate do realheadz encode at?

• 192. There is no audible difference above that.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    really? wow I've been encoding vinyl @ 320 for nothing?

• swissbeatzswissbeatz 152 Posts
    192. There is no audible difference above that.

are you trying to save some storage space ?

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I keep it realer than real & use VBR (variable bit rate). ?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    192. There is no audible difference above that.

For those listening to music on the built-in Lego loudspeakers of their laptop, maybe. For the rest this statement is complete BS.

I keep it realer than real & use VBR (variable bit rate). ?
    VBR and CBR (constant bit rate) files can't be joined together, so I prefer all of my files to be CBR since that seems to be the more common bit rate.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yeah, i avoid VBR when possible.

Have people seen what hard drives go for these days? You could rip your whole collection at 192 or VBR and save, literally, nickles!!!

• Options

^^^^
    Dolo laying down the illest performance never seen in the history of man at Mindgarden Arena, and all at 192 kbps.

The rest of us are just c0wards.

• Yeah, i avoid VBR when possible.

Have people seen what hard drives go for these days? You could rip your whole collection at 192 or VBR and save, literally, nickles!!!

It matters if you dl shit at the rate I do. I estimate I have something like 4 terabytes of music altogether. Obviously the cost involved in such a huge collection would be more or less doubled if I encoded at 320 kbps and for no audible gain.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    no audible gain.

Dude, you deserve nothing better than 192 kbps.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

It matters if you dl shit at the rate I do. I estimate I have something like 4 terabytes of music altogether. Obviously the cost involved in such a huge collection would be more or less doubled if I encoded at 320 kbps and for no audible gain.

Wow 4 tb. With all your talk of luxurious feather mattresses I just assumed you could afford to drop a hundred and thirty bucks for some more space. Hope things pick up for you again soon baller...

Complaining about a lack of mp3 storage space is a terrible look.

He ethered himself with this one.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I dont even fusk with MP3s...just to upload to share or put on an auction, my digital music collection on my computer is all .WAV, because, well I care about the highs and the lows...of course I generally listen to records, because, well, I listen to old music and I actually like it...just dont listen to it on my Ipod or on my laptop.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I dont even fusk with MP3s...just to upload to share or put on an auction, my digital music collection on my computer is all .WAV, because, well I care about the highs and the lows...of course I generally listen to records, because, well, I listen to old music and I actually like it...just dont listen to it on my Ipod or on my laptop.

Why do you own an ipod then?

Why do you own an ipod then?

I dont own an Ipod, I used bad word choice there...I was trying to say my main piece of equipment for listening to music isnt an ipod or laptop, which it probably is for the dolo

Wow 4 tb. With all your talk of luxurious feather mattresses I just assumed you could afford to drop a hundred and thirty bucks for some more space. Hope things pick up for you again soon baller...

Its not feathers, it is a material developed by NASA. You can dream about it tonight, that is of course if you can even get to sleep lying on your springy piece of poor man garbage.

hey dolo, give up on this thread dude. There is no way you can redeem yourself outta this one...you're a complete jack off.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Its not feathers, it is a material developed by NASA. You can dream about it tonight, that is of course if you can even get to sleep lying on your springy piece of poor man garbage.

You're a f*cking shell of your former troll self. It's sad to see, really.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    all .WAV
    why not flac? smaller and tag-able

• chasechase 767 Posts
    anyone see this?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you're a complete jack off.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I estimate I have something like 4 terabytes of music[/b] altogether. Obviously the cost involved in such a huge collection[/b] would be more or less doubled if I encoded at 320 kbps and for no audible gain.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I swear mp3 coding is getting worse or my ears have gotten more sensitive to it. Back in the late 90s/early 00s I used to do everything at 128k & swore there was no difference, these days I can barely stand 160k.

You're a f*cking shell of your former troll self. It's sad to see, really.

Yeah your assessment is sure to plague my dreams AS I SLEEP LIKE A f*cking ASTRONAUT.