Old Spaghetti Factory

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
If you want to go to where spaghetti comes from, you want to go in this old warehouse, with poured floors and cast-iron machines, too heavy to have been built by the hands of one man alone. One million bricks may withstand tornadoes and hurricanes, but cannot contain your meatball. The Old Spaghetti Factory is almost singlehandedly responsible for creating loft frenzies in secondary towns. I don't just want spaghetti, I want to go to where the spaghetti comes from. A team of twenty horses it took to drag the forged iron machinesbricked-in palace, bricked-in palace, walk-in freeze, walk-in Texas Toast.The old way is the way; fate has brought us together.

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

If you want to go to where spaghetti comes from, you want to go in this old warehouse, with the load-bearing beams and poured floors.

Unlike the new warehouses, with only non-load-bearings beams.

• Where Lettuce Is Sentenced To Death

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I think Costco has non-load-bearing beams

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Not only was the spaghetti factory where workers' rights were won, but there's that little scoop of ice cream to celebrate.

• Hi, I am Terry, I'll be your server tonight. Would you guys like anything to drink to get you started? Oh, your ready to order? Okay. Let me find a pen.

Hold on a second. I'll find it.

You guys look like you went out on the town tonight.

[BEAMING] [BEAM] [AMI] [Be] [SMILEY SMILE] [YE OLDE ME]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I think Costco has non-load-bearing beams

I think, unless you have a snowball house or something, that there are load bearing beams in just about everything.

• The single-shooter theory.

A load-bearing wet noodle.
    A load-bearing wet noodle. A load-bearing wet noodle.
    A load-bearing wet noodle. A load-bearing wet noodle. A load-bearing wet noodle.
    A load-bearing wet noodle. A load-bearing wet noodle.
    A load-bearing wet noodle.A load-bearing wet noodle.
    A load-bearing wet noodle.A load-bearing wet noodle.A load-bearing wet noodle.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I used to eat with my fam at the Spaghetti Factory on Castro. Back when it was the only NON-seedy restaurant on that strip!

A few doors down from the camera shop.

Jonny, I hate to foul your childhood memories, but that place is called The Sausage[/b] Factory. And I hear that it's delicious.

Terry: I give this thread five non-functional cable cars. It inspired me to visit their corporate site, where I found this gem:

It was drizzling in Portland, Oregon on January 10, 1969, the day The Old Spaghetti Factory opened its doors for the first time. Standing there to greet the few customers who wandered in was the owner, Guss Dussin. Total gross sales for the night were a paltry $171.80 and many in the business who knew Dussin were convinced his hare-brained idea was a complete bust.

They couldn't have been more wrong. One week later the evening's receipts rose to $900 and by the end of the year, the restaurant had sales of almost $400,000. In 1970, two more restaurants were started and company sales rose to $1.3 million. Today, The Old Spaghetti Factory is an international restaurant company serving more than 10 million customers annually. In an industry where few places ever see their seventh anniversary, The Old Spaghetti Factory's continued success is a rarity. The formula for that success has been the result of smart thinking, even smarter operating instincts, and an uncanny devotion to customer value. All were conceived by founder Dussin, whose values permeate the entire organization.
    To recap:

Guss Dussin.