DAMU THE FUDGEMUNK

13»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    after hearing dude speak, im curious to hear if that album is "GROUNDBREAKING" like that dude said it was....

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    That's terrible. Still, by the way he spelled "munk", I thought that part came from "chipmunk", which would have been even more absurd.

That's terrible. Still, by the way he spelled "munk", I thought that part came from "chipmunk", which would have been even more absurd.

But he's been in the game since he was 17 and yes, ChipMUNK does factor into the spelling.

• "the beats are completely dreamy."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Damu got heaterz!

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    damu makes good beats and he is a good guy
    he is one of the nicest guys out there
    a humble guy who is just trying to do his thing.
    i have an instrumental album of his that people go ape over when i play it out.
    not everyone is a music critic
    some people just like what feels good.

• regarding him sampling at 45, i remember reading somewhere his mpc only has the standard 2mb ram in it, and every beat he makes fits onto a single floppy disk..

why he doesn't bite the bullet and max it out is beyond me, and sometimes his beats can get a little boring, but i still dig travel at your own pace..

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    I ran into Damu somwhere on Myspace a couple of years ago and the first thing I noticed was that it stood out more so than the other million pofiles of "beat makers" out there. He's actually using records, which to me shows a little more about a person than someone who is just downloading somewhere. The music is definately not anything new or groundbreaking, but it's well crafted and has a some soul to it. Really, I think hip hop wether 92 or 08 sounds pretty much the same. Granted there are a few advancements or subtle differences, but ehhhhhhh. It all blends together.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Really, I think hip hop wether 92 or 08 sounds pretty much the same. Granted there are a few advancements or subtle differences, but ehhhhhhh. It all blends together.

STR8 BULLSHIT

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I ran into Damu somwhere on Myspace a couple of years ago and the first thing I noticed was that it stood out more so than the other million pofiles of "beat makers" out there. He's actually using records, which to me shows a little more about a person than someone who is just downloading somewhere. The music is definately not anything new or groundbreaking, but it's well crafted and has a some soul to it. Really, I think hip hop wether 92 or 08 sounds pretty much the same. Granted there are a few advancements or subtle differences, but ehhhhhhh. It all blends together.

^^^^^^^
    ROCKIST

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Wow.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Gotta say, you guys aren't doing him any favors.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    ↑ ↑ ↑ Supplies Damu with fresh copies of Pete's Treats everytime he's in NYC.

Went over to his blog dl'ed his Spare Time comp vybin' on in now.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Just saying... I went to dude's myspace page and he's got some ok stuff up there. So much better than what that guy first posted. So it's like, alright, post the less interesting stuff? Then, dudes are like "he's a really nice guy!" "he uses records!" What's next, he helps old ladies across the street? He shares your birthday? What does that have to do with the guy's music?

I mean, maybe Dr. Dre is a world class asshole. But I'm not inviting him over for dinner.

I cant believe most of you are just getting up on him now
    he was news 2 years ago.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    It feels to me like he's learning how to make beats and it's being released to the public, much like the Madlib/YNQ stuff several years back.

He knows how to publicize himself on the internet quite well though.

Really? lets hear those quo bangerz.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    it sounds like damu has a vision but isnt quite there yet. im waitin for him to reach that point.. kinda zzZ right now. he should look up to his favourite procuders who actually pushed the evolution of hiphop FORWARD rather than backwards...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Quo, what is that from? looks funny as hell.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I cant believe most of you are just getting up on him now
    he was news 2 years ago.

He was never news.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    So.. are all these samples he's using been used by other producers back in the 90's?
    I recognize at lot of the drums. I mean I don't know what records they're from but I know producers used them back in the day.