Jazzman Microwave Control 7"

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
is out now on the jazzman website. Thought some of you might wanna know:https://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=45

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Not mad at this. I think the 7" control vinyl is a bit gimmicky but the fact that it's backed with a reissue makes it a decent buy.

• The appeal to me of a 7" is not it's playability or user-friendliness.

The appeal to me of a 7" is not it's playability or user-friendliness.

Sure. Hence it's also a reissue.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Does it go to internal once it hits the end?

• The appeal to me of a 7" is not it's playability or user-friendliness.

the format is not why I buy 45s, but after a while, it starts to feel natural cueing up and mixing/scratching 45s.

a few years back when I first copped microwave, I was itching for this and heard rumour of promo 7"s. After getting used to the 12 control records, I don't think I would really cop these.

And if you are gonna make a 7" control, WTF is up w/ the small hole?
    I am way more at home cutting 45s w/ adapters than the little dudes.
    Dink-able?

B/W

After over two years of Microwave, I'm finally getting in the habit of NOT lifting the needle and picking up the control record to grab the next one.

Am I the only one?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Big hole 45s are the anomaly in the record game.

It should be an international, strictly enforced law that all vinyl has the small hole, IMO.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah!

You yanks with your juke boxes and so on.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Yeah, it's soft and lame

BAN THE BIG HOLE

UNDINK EVERY OG

GET THE UNEMPLOYED WORKING ON THIS

RECESSION SOLVED

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah, it's soft and lame

BAN THE BIG HOLE

UNDINK EVERY OG

GET THE UNEMPLOYED WORKING ON THIS

RECESSION SOLVED

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Seriously, you guys bought into this? hahahaha

• And if you are gonna make a 7" control, WTF is up w/ the small hole?

It should be an international, strictly enforced law that all vinyl has the small hole, IMO.

you sound euroman.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

You sound like you're compensating for a small spindle.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Seeing him spin was like watching a whale eat tick tacs.

• Well the plan was to press them dinked. I did TP's in both styles and the non-dinked were better to dj with. You can dink a 45 but you cant undink(you have a dinking tool right?).

I have used the original promo only Microwave 45s for a long time as i generally play 45s, its also good for touring as the whole setup fits in my hand luggage in a small rucksack or they can go in my 45s box if im taking O.Gs.

I thought it was a fun project and i have to say the guys at Microwave have been great.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    That's a pretty cool toy. Might cop just for the hell of it, nostalgia, whatever.

BTW Nice business move for Jazzman, now they will sell double the amount of that 7".

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Seeing him spin was like watching a whale eat tick tacs.

fusk a small hole -no homo

probably doesn't matter with this searto stuff but generally, 45s with a small hole are much more prone to rumble (bass feedback).

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Also you can roll with your vestax/numark portable and use the input flip switch to use only 1 turntable.

Ultra portable for those low paying gigs!

Plus, gotta floss the spindles:

Small holes look cheese.

And where can one cop those?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    These dudes make them http://www.lugersound.com/wp/shop/ and I think they are on sale at some german site, but I contacted them directly and they said if I ordered a couple sets they would ship them directly, so i saved like $25 worth of shipping on a single pair. They are so heavy. Straight steel. Work great. Wish they were a little bit bigger, but they are perfect for the jamaica hole too smalls.

So do they fit fine with regular large-hole 45s?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    yes, I can put any 45 I own on them no problem. No need to widen those holes.

Speaking to folks who've used those - they generally think there are other designs that offer more utility since the half-spheres are prone to have 45s slip up their sides but in terms of sheer style, they're hard to beat.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Speaking to folks who've used those - they generally think there are other designs that offer more utility since the half-spheres are prone to have 45s slip up their sides but in terms of sheer style, they're hard to beat.

Other designs like the SX2? or what?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

You are talking about the aluminum ones. These are steel and heavy as all get out. Not even once has a 45 slipped under these.