Could We Nix the "Don't Tase Me, Bro" Headline?

ThermosThermos 307 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I appreciate how the strut very rarely censors the writing of it's posters. I wouldn't ask anyone to change any of the content of their posts. If they want to be a jerk, that's on them.I think the "don't tase me, bro" headline that appears over the forum list sometimes is in really poor taste. I'm asking that it be taken down in respect to those who have been victims of police brutality.I know that it's in reference to that video of that frat-boyish Florida student getting attacked by the police - which became an internet sensation. This became an internet sensation too. I think both are popular for lame reasons. Police brutality is very real and tasers are one of the symbols of this abuse.Either way, I'm gonna still post here. This isn't a big deal to me, but merely a bad look that I thought I'd speak up about.

Comments

• Options
    I second this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah. Don't tase me, bro.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    If you want to be a jerk, that's on you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    are you for real bro

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    wow

• If you want to be a jerk, that's on you.

Are there no more pressing issues than this in your life? You sound like a humorless retard.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah wow.

• can we also nix the gramelin? it's my uncle morty who died during a tour in da nang.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

• Options
    I second this.

Oops. I thought this post was calling for MORE tasing. I should have read it first.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    While were at it could we nix the Thriller > Off The Wall.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Can we make "Could We Nix the "Don't Tase Me, Bro" Headline" a headline?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    SOFT

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I invented Wuddup.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    My wife thought "To' up" (tore up) meant you were so drunk that you would pass out and your toes would point up to the ceiling, i.e. "Toe Up".

• Hi, I'm Terry Clubbup.

• Hi, I'm Terry Clubbup.

I FIND YOUR USE OF THE JOEY LAWRENCE GREMLIN OFFENSIVE.

Suggestions for replacement:

ON FACEBOOK. JUST LIKE YOUR EX GIRLFRIEND.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    can we also nix the gramelin? it's my uncle morty who died during a tour in da nang.

Even if you guys don't agree with what he says, there's no need to clown on his request.

Maybe he's had his own incident, who knows.

I personally wouldn't mind if that knob from Florida got tased again, but so what.

I've been on this board long enough to see plenty of you get sand in your pussies over soft PC reasons as well. So clowning just makes you look ghey.

Oh, wait - I think calling people gay a complaint in the past. Hmmm.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    I haven't had close friends tased, but friends of friends. One of my best friends is handcuffed in the background of this video. He was good friends with the woman who is being tasered. She had to get a couple years of chiropractic therapy to recover from these electrical shocks.

I haven't had close friends tased, but friends of friends. One of my best friends is handcuffed in the background of this video. He was good friends with the woman who is being tasered. She had to get a couple years of chiropractic therapy to recover from these electrical shocks.

No fun.

I would PM Raj... from what I know of him (admittedly limited, but) he seems like a normal guy. I doubt he would mind. Can't hurt to ask.

• I haven't had close friends tased, but friends of friends. One of my best friends is handcuffed in the background of this video. He was good friends with the woman who is being tasered. She had to get a couple years of chiropractic therapy to recover from these electrical shocks.

No fun.

I would PM Raj... from what I know of him (admittedly limited, but) he seems like a normal guy. I doubt he would mind. Can't hurt to ask.

Dood, Graf, relax. your spazzing out again

I am not personally offended, but there could something a little more clever
    or strut-centric in its place.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Ill be the asshole here.

Muthafuskas died protesting here in Amerikka.

Sorry she got tazed but in the history of protest here she's f*ckin lucky as hell.

Fusk the soft bullshit.

What the hell do want when your ur goin against the police & them.

If your for real than shit is for real.

If police brutality is so commom why be suprised when they mase/taser you while protesting.

Dood, Graf, relax. your spazzing out again

Got dammit! I'm unemployed now amidst the Great Recessions(tm). Wound a little tiiiiiiight!

I'll try to be a little more calm going forward.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Can we make "Could We Nix the "Don't Tase Me, Bro" Headline" a headline?

I second this.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Ill be the asshole here.

I'll cosign the asshole here. Protesting has largely become some strange outlet for entitlement (maybe it always was, but as I've experienced it in contemporary America it's as narcissistic as it gets). Really, you don't fusk with cops, it's just dumb. Even if you win, you're gonna lose, cause if they don't tase you they're gonna put you in jail and you're gonna have to pay to go to court. Just think, all the lawyer fees could have been money donated to your cause.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I see where your coming from Thermos but at the same time you should know the vibe on SS aint always one of ppl taking shit serious....

Ive given up trying to have serious political discussions with cats here cus the only ones that seem to post are reactionary right wing and conservative (and I always thought Hip Hop was just for us radicals! hehehe) so dont worry if dudes clown, its expected... (just remember their names!)

However, the only problem I have with the tase comment arguement you have raised, which is valid, is the person in question that is being clowned by the comment was IMO A. privledged and not oppressed by the state directly B. possible done it as a stunt C.didnt have any political purpose to his actions that got him tased (as far as I know)

Its more a case of some dumb college kid (ohh did I mention hes white) doing some dropkick shit and milking it for cyber fame (but thats my opinion based on the limited info I have...I may be wrong..)

If it was something like "dont sodomise me with the plunger bro" or "shoot me 41 times Im holding a wallet" then we all know that shit would not be up there....

as for the tasing of your mates, thats fucked up and maybe something you could posted up about in more detail cus Im sure other cats can share their storys too....

but you get props for speaking your mind and showing your colours...F*ck any one that dont respect that....

BTW can we get rid of the whole NIX slang... my antipodean vocab aint feeling it.... ;-P

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I am hurt by these words.....both physically and emotionally.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Can we make "Could We Nix the 'Don't Tase Me, Bro' Headline" a headline?

i'm 100% in support of this plan, but don't forget them single quotes, yo. db_coop stand up!