lookin for some rock breaks.. hard and live soundi

olden_style_hatsolden_style_hats 11 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
hey guys i know ur all about to flame me.. but im lookin for some big compressed soundin rock drums.. something like apostrophe.. around 130 bpms.. im tryin to do a sample based heavy metal track yesany old records I should be lookin for ?

Comments

• get that "Bumps" record on stones throw, 2lp's worth of heavy breaks, not sure of BPM's but they varied from slower to faster.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    angel
    chunky
    screemer
    hobnail
    all more on the glam side of the game but hotttt
    ohh and i love that band 'sensation'

hi we$ -abby

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Long Red

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    hey guys i know ur all about to flame me.. but im lookin for some big compressed soundin rock h..
    something like apostrophe.. around 130 bpms.. im tryin to do a sample based heavy metal track yes
    any old records I should be lookin for ?

Raping the-breaks:

Aerosmith
    Toys in the Attic: (Columbia 1976)
    * ???Walk this Way??? (Drums)

Beck, Jeff
    Wired: (Epic 1976)
    * ???Come Dancing??? (Drums)

Black Oak Arkansas
    Black Oak Arkansas: (Atco 1971)
    * ???Hot and Nasty??? (Drums)

Black Sabbath
    Black Sabbath: (Warner Bros 1970)
    * ???Behind the Wall of Sleep??? (Drums)

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer
    Love Beach: (Atco 1978)
    * ???Letters from the Front??? (Drums)

ok thats enough you go find the rest.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    hey guys i know ur all about to flame me.. but im lookin for some big compressed soundin rock h..
    something like apostrophe.. around 130 bpms.. im tryin to do a sample based heavy metal track yes

Raping the-breaks:

Aerosmith
    Toys in the Attic: (Columbia 1976)
    * ???Walk this Way??? (Drums)

Beck, Jeff
    Wired: (Epic 1976)
    * ???Come Dancing??? (Drums)

Black Oak Arkansas
    Black Oak Arkansas: (Atco 1971)
    * ???Hot and Nasty??? (Drums)

Black Sabbath
    Black Sabbath: (Warner Bros 1970)
    * ???Behind the Wall of Sleep??? (Drums)

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer
    Love Beach: (Atco 1978)
    * ???Letters from the Front??? (Drums)

ok thats enough you go find the rest.

What? You are out of your element with Toys In The Attic, you are the toy, you completely missed the request of this thread.

The 'instant garage' series that Mojo started putting out around 2002 contains a lot of these more obscure bands that are protometal and crash related up at that bpm, I think they put out several volumes, shouldn't be hard to locate.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    atomic rooster

What? You are out of your element with Toys In The Attic, you are the toy, you completely missed the request of this thread.

I clicked rock and drums. I don't listen to that shit, I'm certain he's smart enough to pull out what he needs if anything. So volunteering a potential source of info makes me a toy? I don't think so fuckknob.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

I clicked rock and drums. I don't listen to that shit

Then you answered your own question. Don't be a spaz. There is such a thing as simply not posting because you just don't know.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Olden Style Hats don't know nothing about old records.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I will trade info in return for a Philly slang/gibberish revival on the board.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Dude all those whatsisname records has the 130 bpm drums and they are compressed as hell.

Buddy something?

The teen beat guy... sandy nelson! you listen to some sandy nelson and I bet thats actually what you are looking for.

I clicked rock and drums. I don't listen to that shit

Then you answered your own question. Don't be a spaz. There is such a thing as simply not posting because you just don't know.

There is such a thing as not posting because you don't know. And just because I don't listen to that shit doesn't mean I don't have that shit.

And you want to come at me because I didn't edit a cut and paste before I posted it up? A guy making a mix looking for rock/metal breaks can't figure it out?

I think if you look at the entire rest of the f*cking breaks I posted up, they will fit with what he is looking for, more or less.

However, if you'd like me to post up why a f*cking Black Sabbath f*cking break fits what he's looking for, feel free.

My point in posting it up was that it's a good place to look for info by example, but no, I'm not going to search for him, then listen to whatever breaks I have not heard, and then edit the drum break list to his exact specification. No, I'm going to cut and paste A&B from the Rock section so he can see, yes, it appears there ARE some breaks that fit, and that he should probably continue looking on the site further.

So no, I'm not being a spaz, and YOU quit jumping out calling people toys for not holding the f*cking guys dick while he pisses.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Trip out..

I'm checking out Formerform_Style_Hats tomorrow night here in town.

I wonder if he still has that Guitar Interludes I traded him...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Not sure of the BPM, but The Cold Blood album sisyphus has a pretty dope fast Rock and Roll Break, not super compressed but you can easily change that with a little compression.

*the track is 'shop talk'.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

The 'instant garage' series that Mojo started putting out around 2002 contains a lot of these more obscure bands that are protometal and crash related up at that bpm, I think they put out several volumes, shouldn't be hard to locate.

Dude. Your recommendation is some CD comps that are glued to the covers of magazines that came out years ago. And those are compiling garage hits that - to my knowledge - don't even contain drumbreaks.

What is 'crash'??

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Olden Style Hats don't know nothing about old records.

& he doesn't know this place done CHANGED.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dude needs this album
    'Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed' and 'Showdown'

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    F*ck you olden style hats

why should I share my raer hard rock rackords with you? Go dig em up yourself shitbreath

Ill give you one, go get this record fuckhead:
    http://www.popsike.com/JOSEFUS-Dead-Man-RARE-LP-Hookah-orig-MINT-in-shrink/130148959433.html

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hey guys i know ur all about to flame me.. but im lookin for some big compressed soundin rock drums..

wtf. thia is like cheech asking for rolling paper recomendations

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    It's not a fast break but if you want big compressed rock drums, that Bedlam break is a good beat.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Is that you W*s? Its been a while... we know you've been busy.

T Dipple is so happy in this pic... (pic taken by Drew Nice)

Below we have probably the last existing item from the AEIOU 2 Diplo Pinata... I keep it in my closet with my suits.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

smashing dinosaurs in effigy

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

smashing dinosaurs in effigy

That was an amazing night.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    fuckknob.

LOLOLOLOL what a great word!