Hopes dashed with Simon's HBO pilot

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
An article about David Simon's new pilot of HBO, Treme, said the show will not[/b] be a "a happy stroll through David Simon's record collection." I think I heard a collective sigh from the record collecting world. Meanwhile, Soulstrut subsequently adjusted its "New Orleans jazz-related" internet search query projection figures for the quarter including the premier, whenever that is. But, Bunk and Lester as jazz musicians in a post-Katrina New Orleans? Nevertheless, this will not be, in Simon's words, "a happy stroll through David Simon's record collection". We are promised a journey into the choppy seas of political corruption, public-housing controversies, the criminal justice system, clashes between police and Mardi Gras Indians, and the struggling New Orleans tourism industry.

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    what?

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    That sounds awesome.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Can't wait for this. The end of the Wire has created a huge void of tv enjoyment in my life.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think I heard a collective sigh from the record collecting world. Meanwhile, Soulstrut subsequently adjusted its "New Orleans jazz-related" internet search query projection figures for the quarter including the premier, whenever that is.

what?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    what?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    The Wire is a given. The Corner (as a show) had a few rough edges, but was pretty good. Generation Kill was excellent, although surprisingly I found the book far more depressing than the mini-series. F??ck Simon's record collection, if he sticks to his normal standards for narrative Treme should be well worth watching. I could watch Wendell Pierce read the phone book and probably be engrossed.

• drumsdrums 83 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to this. The Wire was easily the best tv series I have ever watched. I haven't seen Generation Kill though. I'm sure I've missed out. Is there a dvd out?