JA finds part deux

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
.... a few more JA finds, but there's too many 45's too take pics of so here's a selected few lp's and one heap of 45's i might put up some more pics later :and a couple mixes too:and so here's some more pics if you are interested, i know some of you were feeling the last ones so enjoy if you like:crate diggingfor the best snapper and jack that is.......a gift from a friend who knows i love cut-out antique coins. this is a very old 25 J piece from the Bustamante erawell you can't blame me can you.... always lookin'here at this thrift we have some schoolbooks, some garments, and ......some scary overgrown vegetables that are not even suited for livestock. want some?belly full Influence Of Sex Sound System, official signageRoots Tonic Menu choicesMandingo and Peenie Wallie, which are you?who you callin Nuggle?Tasti Duplex!one of my main homeboys, Wally, who always looks out for records for me prior to coming down, good people. he nicknamed me DJ Nurse because when I first started coming down to that community i was studying for my acupuncture licensing boards exam and had mad charts in hand alwaysthis dude, his name is Journey, has been deeply helped with acupuncture and is now walking again after having been paralyzed completely. he was drinking rum and tripped and fell on a rock and it hit his carotid artery and the bruising pressed on his spinal cord. his recovery is pretty remarkable Cool Jellyman never sprays up his fruit so i support when possiblesome soursopand ackee ripeseeing whats readybrowsingreppingflexinat saturday footballingand of course, for you, sunday: some jamaican children swimmingJA....

Comments

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Great pics!
    Any chance you will upload and share one of those mixes?

and a couple mixes too:

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us. Keep the records -- more fruit and fish pictures!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    When you getting back, dawg?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    great stuff.

-cut out antique coins... looks cool.

more pics?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us. Keep the records -- more fruit and fish pictures!

thanks. ok here are a few more per your request.....

pimento and gungo peas

bwoys dem

favorite cook shop kitchen

Ackee tree

Peanut Porridge

nothing like a friend bringing you a Z of organic

When you getting back, dawg?

hi dawg.

Soon coming, been here a while.

unless i stay on, honestly you are going to have to come find me deep in the hills.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Tasti Duplex!

Call me a prude, but I think I'd prefer cookies made by girl scouts over cookies made by hoes.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    looks like a great time to be had. Props. Very fortunate to be able to experience outside the gates of the tourist hotel traps. taking in the food which looks amazing, and culture. and on top of that reggae vinyl!!!

looks like a great time to be had. Props. Very fortunate to be able to experience outside the gates of the tourist hotel traps. taking in the food which looks amazing, and culture. and on top of that reggae vinyl!!!

yeah man, it's real nice. i come down a lot and i do work in the community as well so like anywhere it is a building process over time knowing a lot of people and so on. used to come down with my dad when he had business in kingston. one more pic here is todays headline, taken on my phone here, jamaicas own rhianna-chris brown type scandal of the moment between beenieman and d'angel and barbee.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

RAD! Thanks. Have fun!

hey cosmo i finally am back, you still in tejas??

seems rather 'bloggish' to put these up but you all seemed to enjoy so some last bits i will share...

among others these oldies came out of....

...here

and these dusty ass crates which hadn't had much love/rotation in many years...

GOAT!
    this blind little newborn thinks chin = nipple

some more fruits, mango almost ready

beautiful freshly grated coconut for a birthday cake for my friend mmmm....

on the road...veggie loaf calaloo pattie pumpkin rice and coco bread forevers

this one lizard loves to leave a turd on my 'X' key

nice avatar, fishing boat named avatar!

and done....as of today

re-entering the concrete jungle and it seems spring is approaching!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Is that a homemade grater? Looks like a can with holes punched in it. If so, super bomb styles.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    That look like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing homie!

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Awesome label on that record!

beautiful freshly grated coconut for a birthday cake for my friend mmmm....

Somehow I suspect that this bears no resemblance to that grated sweetened shit they sell in bags at my local grocery store. Might even make me like coconut.

and done....as of today

re-entering the concrete jungle and it seems spring is approaching!

Oh man, this is a tough juxtaposition. Paradiso v. Inferno.

Thanks again for sharing some images and experiences from your trip.

Best,
    JRoot

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Thanks for sharing girl, your photos are great!

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Roots Tonic Menu choices

Stallion Punch.

The only thing better than finds posts are vacation finds posts. Thanks for sharing!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Damn there were a bunch of ganja pics. You must of been blazed the whole time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Damn there were a bunch of ganja pics. You must of been blazed the whole time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

well it's not really a blazed type thing so much it's just ubiquitous like blood oranges in sicily or shrimp in georgia.
    this was all from one dear friend he's putting so much care into growing it organically and biodynamically.
    He plants when the moon waxes and reaps when the moon wanes.
    talks to his plants.
    and when i come down he brings me heaps of it... you've never tasted such niceness. when in rome, you know

back home it's back to ginger tea and working a lot and not much herbs

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

well it's not really a blazed type thing so much it's just ubiquitous like blood oranges in sicily or shrimp in georgia.
    this was all from one dear friend he's putting so much care into growing it organically and biodynamically.
    He plants when the moon waxes and reaps when the moon wanes.
    talks to his plants.
    and when i come down he brings me heaps of it... you've never tasted such niceness. when in rome, you know

back home it's back to ginger tea and working a lot and not much herbs

organic jamaican herb is some of the tastiest shit i've ever smoked. westmoreland/orange hill bud is amazing. shit that grows there gets ALOT of the heavy afternoon to sunset sunlight. a couple dreads i used to know out that way grew great tree.

soulstrut... where is the love for the herb? i feel herbheads are a SERIOUS minority on this board. LOTS of drunk folls on here though.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    thanks for sharing your pictures by the way. they're all pretty damn cool.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Great pic.

• amazing thread, thank you for the pictures.