MARKERSTRUT

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
i gotta get my marker game up after years of coloring inactivity... back in the dayz it was all about the DESIGN markers (see below), also the Pantones... is that still whats up or is there another gold standard out there in the 2009 world of markers? artistic strutteurs and graf heads who know the deal let me know what the business is these days

Comments

• Design and Prismacolors were/are my choice. (and they are FREE, too!)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I still have a bucket of DESIGN joints.

Shit used to get me high.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont wanna turn this into graffiti strut..BUT

I used to crack open the Master Markers and add a silver ink joint to make the NavyBlue/Silver steez.

Shake and Tag.

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
    Anybody want a bunch of dried out Design markers? I got plenny!

I have to say I do like the Prismacolor markers...
    but THESE take the cake and are so.damn.expensive

COPIC: aZn manga nerd styleee

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    What markers does Mingering Mike use?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    i gotta get my marker game up after years of coloring inactivity... back in the dayz it was all about the DESIGN markers (see below), also the Pantones... is that still whats up or is there another gold standard out there in the 2009 world of markers? artistic strutteurs and graf heads who know the deal let me know what the business is these days

What's the application?

I heart the old Sakura fat markers.

• I fucked with the Sakura streaks.

I was always into making the homemade joints (deodorant bottles, VHS tapes, kiwi shoe polish tubes,etc...those were the days.

Back when I actually racked my fats off of oven cleaners in stores.

• sorry this has turned into a bombing thread..

THE REALNESS:

I fucked with the Sakura streaks.

I was always into making the homemade joints (deodorant bottles, VHS tapes, kiwi shoe polish tubes,etc...those were the days.

Back when I actually racked my fats off of oven cleaners in stores.

eh, VHS tapes?

Homemade shit like that always ran too much, looked like someone shit splatted and it ran down the side of the electrical box (or whatever).

and no no no, primo was Elmer's spray adhesive. Looking back there had to be a bunch of annoyed people who got home all ready to spray adhesive things to other things only to find that there was no cap on the can.

sorry this has turned into a bombing thread..

THE REALNESS:

A beer bottle... I mean, really, come on.

Those Sakuras (and a little like the Magnums above) would always get all dented up.

I also remember thinking it was funny that there were Magnum wide markers _and_ Magnum 40s. Kind of like a miscreants twofer theme.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Daubers with One-Shot lead sign paint cut with turpentine do the job.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

What's the application?

drawing pictures on paper

actually probably drawing pictures on bristol board or 12" disco single die cut jackets... whuteva whuteva

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Triple-nib Pantones and Poscas (for the nice coat)

aren't these paint markers?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    design markers w/ the design color blender maker plus a silver paint marker, gold paint marker and one white paint marker....thats pretty much all you need if you are drawing on paper....

Yeah. Why?

Yeah. Why?

because i wanted to know if they were paint markers or not?

because i wanted to know if they were paint markers or not?

Yeah, ha. They're my favourite paint-markers and quite affordable considering the quality. They last for quite some time too.

Also, if you're looking for some really fine ones, getting a set of Staedtler Triplus fineliners is a good bet.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts

I jus copped some of these...im hoping ill be able to get some nice blends with them otherwise ill be dissapointed since they cost me 20 quid! Still waiting for delivery at the mo. Sharpies are ok for details too.

Ive now got so many crap pens lying around my place that ive picked up on the cheap...its getting ridiculous.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I remember how stoked I was about my first Design markers. The first couple drawings I did bled through two sheets of sketchbook paper, messing up the older drawings underneath. And,even with my door close and a window cracked, my sister used to complain about the toxic fumes in *her* room. Good times.