I've Never Understood Loud Systems

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
why do you need that much bass? shit sounds stupid.

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

I used to have a big box in the trunk of my old riviera. sorry dude.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    a big box isn't anywhere near this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cedfX-gzHuM&feature=related

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Because they got the sound they want the whole world to listen to.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is the correct answer.

the 808 kick was made for loud ass systems, with its domination in todays music, why not bang 20K watts.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Get widdit!

ok maybe LL and Ace like it. i dont. i like some bump but theres a difference between sounding good and getting nauseous

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    AND YOU CLAIM TO BE A HIP-HOP FAN!

haha. Hi Chris. I got you on that Philly thing.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    ok maybe LL and Ace like it. i dont. i like some bump but theres a difference between sounding good and getting nauseous

The shit that is annoying is when cats dont have any highs or mids only (lows)bass and it is rattling and sounding like someone trying to kick their way out of your trunk.

AND YOU CLAIM TO BE A HIP-HOP FAN!

haha. Hi Chris. I got you on that Philly thing.

dope. thank you. check yer PMs

• it's all about that car rattle

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I rarely hear a good car system in the hood these days.

But when it was in vogue, a well balanced sound w/ solid bass > shakey-ass car rattle.

Hearing somebody whippin by at 60 mph w/ Terrordome on is that shit.

Last time i actually heard a loud joint, it was Amy Winehouse, out of a SUV.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Because Tigra and Bunny like the cars that go boom

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    It doesn't sound good unless your rear view mirror is rattling.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

who are you talking to?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

who are you talking to?

Behemoth. Who are you talking to?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

who are you talking to?

Behemoth. Who are you talking to?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah the problem is that no one knows how to build a good system these days. They just get a bunch of cheap boxes and toss them in the trunk with some LED lights.

In high school we built a dual 10-inch sub for my friend's car using nice drivers inside a sealed 1 1/2 inch particleboard box. Slapped so hard the front windshield cracked. Fools would roll up with shit they dropped a G on at their exploito car stereo spot and had nothing on our shit.

I've never owned a car I'd feel right about putting a system in, but believe me, when I do it's on.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I never hear the boom anymore, I miss it.

People are listening to some tinny-ass music in general these days, not a good trend.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

I never hear the boom anymore, I miss it.

People are listening to some tinny-ass music in general these days, not a good trend.
    yeah, how are mp3's gonna sound coming out of a good system?

im talking to people who have shitty systems in general. i dont know anyone with a system full of bass. in fact i dont know many people who drive that much anymore.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

In addition to their bellows, roars and widely recognized trumpet-like calls; elephants communicate over long distances by producing and receiving low-frequency sound (infrasound), a sub-sonic rumbling, which can travel through the ground farther than sound travels through the air. This can be felt by the sensitive skin of an elephant's feet and trunk, which pick up the resonant vibrations much as the flat skin on the head of a drum. To listen attentively, every member of the herd will lift one foreleg from the ground, and face the source of the sound, or often lay its trunk on the ground. The lifting presumably increases the ground contact and sensitivity of the remaining legs. This ability is thought also to aid their navigation by use of external sources of infrasound. Discovery of this new aspect of elephant social communication and perception came with breakthroughs in audio technology, which can pick up frequencies outside the range of the human ear. Pioneering research in elephant infrasound communication was done by Katy Payne, of the Elephant Listening Project, and is detailed in her book Silent Thunder. Though this research is still in its infancy, it is helping to solve many mysteries, such as how elephants can find distant potential mates, and how social groups are able to coordinate their movements over extensive range.[/b]

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    In college I always used to build my own sub boxes. Shit pumped twice as hard as anything store-bought for a fraction of the cost. Once you understand the basics it's pretty easy

hell yeah
    freshman year, my homie Dave and I built a box out of MDF for two really nice JL Audio 12s.
    We also put in two mid range drivers in the door along with his component 6" combo

Sealed the box with silicone, wrapped it in carpet our selves
    it used to bang so crazy, people didn't think it was only two 12's

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Bass is still bumping in South Florida. I agree though, nothing worse than a system that makes the car rattle. The shit from that video probably fucks the car up, loosening screws and whatnot.