Have you seen my lunch?

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I put it in the office fridge this morning, and now it's gone. I have to imagine some motherf*cker stole it. If you have any leads, hit me up here, or, if you know who stole it, hit me on the PM.P.S. - It's in a clear, square Tupperware with a blue lid. Chicken, spinach, broccoli, and carrots.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    We had a lunch theif here at my office.

One of my co-workers placed some "bait" in the form of a bottle of Coke....to which he had added some Methyl Blue dye.....it will turn your piss blue....sure enough someone stole it....never caught them but the theivery stopped.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    We had a lunch theif here at my office.

One of my co-workers placed some "bait" in the form of a bottle of Coke....to which he had added some Methyl Blue dye.....it will turn your piss blue....sure enough someone stole it....never caught them but the theivery stopped.

Yes. Action must be taken. Because I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

• It was delicious.

It was delicious.

Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell.

• Yeah I'm pretty sure the seventh cirlce is reserved for lunch bandits. I once had a co-worker stealing my sandwiches so I took two pieces of bread and put a note between the slices that said "Stop eating my food." I saw my note in the lunch trash with what was probably a bite missing. No problems after that.

Thing is, it was all healthy-like. It's not like it was some delicious ribs or something. Pretty basic chicken and vegetables. And THIS IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION FOR F*CK"S SAKE! These people are supposed to be better than that.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    who the F*ck steals lunch??

total botb

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Leads, yeah, sure. I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab, they've got four more detectives working on the case. They got us working in shifts!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Problem solver?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Problem solver?

Naw, they'll probably think they're doing you a favor by throwing it out.

These people steal lunches, god knows what goes in in their heads?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    there was a lunch thief here at work also. but we think its a mail or cleaning person cuz theyd get away with it easier and the fridge is right by the elevators...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    last time (its been 4x now) someone threw out my food i threw EVERYTHING out of the fridge. water bottles, plastic containers... everything. mgr had a huge discussion with the staff and there hasnt been an issue since. its been 5mths now.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    We are having the same problem at my work, but we all know it's this one dude and I've even confronted him a couple of times, but just plays stupid.So I've been leaving notes and a name on my lunch and telling them, "Look, if you eat this, Your eating my spit!"
    (I don't spit on my food)

Had no problems since

I have decided shame is my weapon of choice.

• ageage 1,131 Posts

HA!!!

I'll take a pic of the one at my work and post it later, on the same level as that!!

• well played!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

shouldn't it be "whomever"?

shouldn't it be "whomever"?

Yes. But when addressing the hoi polloi, it is best to speak in the common vernacular. And those dudes ain't using they grammar right.

Actually, though, I just fusk that up all the time.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    As promised...

Not my note, but a fellow co-worker!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cats are on some weird shit.

Takin food is on the same level as leavin freshly smeared boogas in bathroom stall.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    This one single middle aged nasty looking lady was a notorious food thief here. People bring a lot of food here and there's always something to eat but lady would gank like whole f*cking packages of cookies to take home.

One day, a few people split some Costco pizza and had some leftovers. Lady asked if she could go home early cos she was feeling sick. On the way home, she stole all the pizza leftovers! The last straw was a tub of butter someone had in the fridge. Shit goes missing and EVERYONE knows who it was. One of those letters were posted on the fridge and lady never stole shit after that.

Good thing she was only a temp so she never got rehired. On her (and several others) last day, we went out for lunch and my boss who was paying for it couldn't make it. Bitch actually goes out and orders beer on top of my boss' tab. WTF.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I worked in an office where I was in charge of hundreds of people and this shit never happened. It's hilarious to me that in a smaller office setting people would do this. Truly BOTB sociopath behavior. I didn't think people did this, just wow.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

i thought better of you, PBS man. this is worse than that time I found out the Tooth Fairy didn't exist (cue Family Guy-style flashback).

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Damn, how did I miss that site? ^

You can always try the direct approach.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Damn, how did I miss that site? ^

You can always try the direct approach.

Eating fat free[/b] American cheese: the crime is worse than the punishment.

Passive aggressive notes is an outstanding site

Haha! Nah, it would be passive-aggressive if I knew who did it, and left a note instead of confronting them in person. But the culprit is still unknown.

Also, there are around 1,000 employees here plus volunteers, so it's not easy to narrow down. I brought my lunch again today, though, so let's see if the motherf*cker has the gall to do it again.

Bring it, bitch. I f*cking dare you.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

i thought better of you, PBS man. this is worse than that time I found out the Tooth Fairy didn't exist (cue Family Guy-style flashback).

Haha, I'm sayin'. It appears the grammar hunter has become the grammar hunted.

I've always worked for very small companies so no one's ever been bogus like that in terms of lunches in the fridge.

Although my boss at my old job was going through the fridge and threw out someone's cheese because it was moldy. The thing was, it was Gorgonzola or some kind of cheese that was supposed to be moldy. That was awkward. Dude was like "It's moldy cheese! It's supposed to be.....arggh!" The shit was like, already in the dumpster so there was no saving it.

The victim is actually a strutter who doesn't post here often enough. If you're out there R*b, do you remember this?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The shit was like, already in the dumpster so there was no saving it.

NZ Shadow would be in like Flynn up in that there dumpster BITD

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts