LA STRUTTERS: looking to be in snoop sketch today?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
'sup all,I don't even know if this is the right forum to plug this but I'm looking for people to be extras on a comedy sketch I'm shooting today with Snoop Dogg, Mike Epps and some other comedians today at 4:30 in Culver city and goes to 9. If anyone is interested PM me.there is no pay this is strictly a "for the experience" type deal

Comments

• So awesome.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm the cute one.

No one is interested? we just booked Aries Spears to be in the sketch too

Free craft services to the first 5 callers

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    we are now filled up,

thanks for playing

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    yuichi, if you don't get up with guzzo for this, you're dead to me.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Hi Cas.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Aries Spears is the shit. This never gets old for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3qL4UG1TI

• is this the return of doggy fizzle televizzle?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is this the return of doggy fizzle televizzle?

this is a new show on MTV that apparently no one is watching called "Dogg After Dark". It's got elements similar to Doggy fizzle, but is based around Snoop being a host at a club in hollywood with some of his closest friend dropping by to say hello and sometimes to perform.

Last week we had Ice Cube come by and do his verse from Straight outta compton, as far as I know it was the first time he ever did any NWA on american tlevison,

this week we had busta rhymes do put your hands where my eyes could see, and B-Real do How I could just kill a man"

not a bad gig.

if people start watching the show I may just be able to keep from filing for unemplyment

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

Last week we had Ice Cube come by and do his verse from Straight outta compton, as far as I know it was the first time he ever did any NWA on american tlevison,

this week we had busta rhymes do put your hands where my eyes could see, and B-Real do How I could just kill a man"

not a bad gig.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    A**m this is just pure good news.

good ish (and the avatar is off the chain)

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Looks like fun, but I don't get this.

there is no pay this is strictly a "for the experience" type deal

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

well it turned out actually to be a paying gig.

so 2 strutters will be on TV in the next 2 weeks with Snoop and some extra dough in their pocket.

• cool man hope that went well!

i was getting sick that day. even paid i still would've been hating life.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

well it turned out actually to be a paying gig.

so 2 strutters will be on TV in the next 2 weeks with Snoop and some extra dough in their pocket.

Very cool. Let us know when it's on.

• What network is this on?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    What network is this on?
    you see this is the messed up thing about us, our network doesn't really seem to care much about us, so we hardly have got any advertisement.

We are on MTV 9pm every tuesday night

I belive 2 maybe 3 episodes have aired. Next weeks episode will have the B-real performance I was talking about earlier. The live band on the show is Preist "Soopafly" Brooks band, for the show they are calling themselves the snoopadelics. the msuic is good when we don't have to fall under MTV's standards.

this show has been a lot of work for me and the rest of the production crew, right now as I'm typing I am at the office in my 80th someodd hour of work this week. I thought this show had a real chnace of being something beyond the typical "The Hills" standard fare you see on MTV.

Please support and tell a friend or 3 about it.

you can catch clips or full episodes of it on MTV.com, thers been a really bad clip of Paris Hilton freestyling with snoop while she's bartending.

thanks all, and if folks are interested and more sketches come up I can post notices on here if people would like and Raj is ok with it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Looks like a dope show - keep up the good work, Adam!

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Yea I had a fun time. Getting paid was a nice bonus too... I'll make sure I spend all that money in one place.

it was cool seeing how this sort of stuff actually comes together... seemed like it was like 90% improvised, It'll be interesting to see how it looks as a final product... i hope i don't look like too much of an idiot though im sure I do.

Thanks adam.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

I love the part where it goes : "When I'm called off, I got a _____off
    ______ the _______, and _____ are hauled off"
    Good idea to let the music play and only bleep the vocals !

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I'm the cute one.

WOAH!!

Nice brotha.

- spidey

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'm the cute one.

WOAH!!

Nice brotha.

- spidey

thanks man, points to anyone who can identify 3 of the 4 people in those photos (hint one of them is well known hip-hop producer)

As for the ice cube performance, up until the moment we shot it we werent sure he was going to do it. I'm a bout 18 inches from the camera (holding up Snoops cue cards) when it started going down, at that point I lost my shit and just started bobbing my head and losing myself in that moment, shit was one of the better moments I've had working in TV

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    points to anyone who can identify 3 of the 4 people in those photos (hint one of them is well known hip-hop producer)

Well, since you mentioned that he's in charge of the band, I'm guessing that's Soopafly on the far left (behind you).
    I'll try to keep an eye out for the show, even though I hardly ever watch MTV. Sounds fun.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Is this just airing in the US or overseas too? Snoops gotta a big following down under so this should do well on Oz pay tv. Keen to check it. Especially Cube appearence.