NFL'ers Lost at Sea

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
As a die hard NFL fan, This story in particular has really saddened me lately.My thoughts go out to the player's families.That is all.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've been following this the past couple days. I don't watch football at all but as I understand it, one of the guys is from Phx? I think his Dad is a well-known newscaster.

Anyways, didn't they find the boat with their acquaintance hanging on? Or did that turn out to be a different boat?

• My thoughts and prayers go out to the families... Lot of deaths and tragedy in the NFL the last few years.

• It's certainly too bad... but I guess from my perspective, I don't understand how it's any different than any other person getting lost at sea?

Again, not to downplay the seriousness of this or anything.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

My thoughts go out to the player's families.

And yes Herm, they did find the boat with a guy still holding on to it. They are calling off the search because considering how cold the water is hypothermia would've set in fatally, also they covered enough water that they would've found them had they been floating. Real sad.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the families... Lot of deaths and tragedy in the NFL World the last few years.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's certainly too bad... but I guess from my perspective, I don't understand how it's any different than any other person getting lost at sea?

Again, not to downplay the seriousness of this or anything.

If it happened to you some folks here at SS may talk about it while others who don't know you might say "Who the hell was he, who gives a flip".

The more fame you have the bigger news story you become.

RIP to the three victims.

They say the survivor could have only lasted 10 more hours...the others apparently gave up hope and took off their life jackets.

Very sad.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    it saddens me cus i had a friend who died in a similar situation, although they found his body a day later.
    very scary to even think about.

• "Who the hell was he, who gives a flip".

nah, not like that. it's always sad to see people go when nature takes over.

The more fame you have the bigger news story you become.

i guess that's the bottom line.

• My thoughts and prayers go out to the families... Lot of deaths and tragedy in the NFL World the last few years.

Then make the WORLD thread.
    NFL is in the title of this thread.

Seriously, between Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor, the Jacksonville dude who got shot and got his leg amputated last season... This on top of it. That is 5 players in two years that left the game due to violent deaths or shooting.

Bad run...

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    This is a truly horrific way to go out. Growing up in Florida and spending a lot of time on the ocean this is my worst nightmare. My thoughts are with their family.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the families... Lot of deaths and tragedy in the <strike>NFL</strike> World the last few years.

Then make the WORLD thread.
    NFL is in the title of this thread.

Seriously, between Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor, the Jacksonville dude who got shot and got his leg amputated last season... This on top of it. That is 5 players in two years that left the game due to violent deaths or shooting.

Bad run...

Don't forget Patriots Marquise Hill Jet Ski Accident