Don Ellis - Electric Bath

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
So far I never was a big Don Ellis fan. His playing in (felt) 71/23 meters always appeared a little bit forced to me. But today I heard "Electric Bath" again. This is such a great album. Especially the slow track "Open Beauty" is big.Is "Electric Bath" a standout album or do I have to re-listen all of Ellis stuff again?

Comments

• minimini 879 Posts
    Don`t know about the other stuff but electric bath is great record.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    You should check out "Shock Treatment"

• ^^^ I like a few moments on here. I'm not really in love with "Electric Bath," though. Do I need to relisten to it?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i love electric bath, one of my favorites

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i think electric bath is the only record in this thread i dont own...but maybe i do, i dont even know what i have anymore...

yes, shock treatment is cool.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    The only real reason to own "electric bath" is the cover.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

come on now....electric bath is perfect for a sunday morning meltdown. orchestrated funky classical psych.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

come on now....electric bath is perfect for a sunday morning meltdown. orchestrated funky classical psych.

i was joking dude.

• I like his "Soaring" album. The blue one with the seagull on the cover.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    In "Live at Fillmore" I remember liking "Rock Odyssey" a lot. "Connection" has a the best moment in "Theme from French Connection" when the heavy clavinet is coming in.
    "Soaring" is sitting somewhere in the shelf. Wasn't feeling it when I bought it years ago. I will re-listen and watch out for "Shock Treatment". Never saw this album so far.