Twitter

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Who's on it?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahahah...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    you know it was coming sooner or later...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Who's on it?

• I don't understand it. What is it like one liner blogs or something? Clue me in.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    its just like facebook status updates.

you follow your friends and they follow you, and you can see what everyone is up to, what they're eating, listening to, discovering on the interwebs, etc.

if you want to find some people worth following, besides your friends, check out The Shorty Awards. It has the best twitter users by category, like music, design, food etc.

• How many new ways do we need to do the same thing?

Not to shit on it if it's your bag. Maybe I'll get it later.

• How many new ways do we need to do the same thing?

As long as Moark can keep stalking Gary on them... NEVER ENOUGH!

(that was jokes... i neither facebook, nor twitter...)

How many new ways do we need to do the same thing?

Not to shit on it if it's your bag. Maybe I'll get it later.

have you tried it? it wasn't a quick sell for me, took me I dunno, SIX months before it clicked.

I found @analogapartment a few weeks ago. They only tweet about rackords, including their new record organization web app. I found out that vinyl sales doubled in 2008.

Check out what they got to say: http://twitter.com/analogapartment

• Do you use your real name or a handle?

i use my initials???people use whatever, real name, nicknames, company names

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    not convinced yet, but what's the overall opinion for best twitter iphone app with facebook integration?

• I might give it a try. Thanks for the info.

• It is a great tool for lazy stalkers

• I GOTSWAG. AND I'MFROM BRKLYN.
    Y'ALLS EEN A UDDE LIKE ME
    F*ck U!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I'm finally blogging, on the myspace, the facebook and the TWITTER. Woo hoo - get at me.

supremelarock.blogspot.com

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Superhead swears by it...

• Ok I'm on there now and I have 4 followers. Bow down you followers.

So I'm still not getting it 100%. What's with the @ symbols on some peoples posts?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Cashless is ranked 125th in their location on twitterholic! (by followers in 'Houston, United States')

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I finally got up on facebook and iChat/AIM, do I really need Twitter in my life? I don't really care what my friends are eating, sounds boring and pointless. I can barely get myself to respond to myspace/facebook messages.

• It's about collecting followers, picking out the weakminded to do your bidding.

I finally got up on facebook and iChat/AIM, do I really need Twitter in my life? I don't really care what my friends are eating, sounds boring and pointless. I can barely get myself to respond to myspace/facebook messages.

If nothing else, it's a great promotional vehicle.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've been trying it but I really don't see the point. It just feels like adding more static.

This dude is the gawd of the tweets. Although this might be a little heavy on the douchebaggeury, this is the twitter bible right here.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Really? I'm sold. I thought it was some bullshit for teenagers bored at school but I'll check it out now.

Really? I'm sold. I thought it was some bullshit for teenagers bored at school but I'll check it out now.

The kids seem to wanna flock to Plurk (the Myspace of microblogging).

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Amen. Network city on there. I guess it all depends on what you use it for.

• It's ok if you want to know what Serg or Young Phonics are doing at any given time

• its amazing how open folks are on twitter, especially celebrity types. check atrak's highlights from noreaga's twitter: http://djatrak.com/2008/12/09/noreagas-on-twitter/

folks are prolific too, i swear questlove's got something to say literally every 5 minutes: http://rappersontwitter.com/

• and btw Day, that was my ladyfriend who was pokin fun at the fact that a bunch of dudes standing around at Grandstar meant that you were on the decks haha.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    On it...

U_TERN