UFC 91: Courture vs Lesnar

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
What's up doggies? I think I'm gonna go watch this one.

Comments

• I may check for this.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I think this is gonna be some circus type shit. I hate faith in Couture's skill, but he's giving up like 50 pounds. b, 21b, 21Florian/Stevenson will be a better fight, IMO.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Also, I just checked the UFC site, and it's talking about some "heavyweight tournament", with the winners from the courture/lesnar and noguiera/mir fights going up against each other for the undisputed heavyweight championship.b, 21b, 21Go Jiujitsu Magician!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21noguiera/mir b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21LOL.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21giving up like 50 pounds b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Yea. Also Lesnar is much faster on his feet than a Tim Sylvia. It's gonna be an interesting fight.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21noguiera/mir b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21LOL. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Was funny?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21noguiera/mir b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21LOL. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Was funny? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Mir is gonna get wiped. Maybe pre-wreck Mir might have had a chance, but not the out of shape slower dude that he is now.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21noguiera/mir b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21LOL. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Was funny? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21not for Mir it won't be.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Also, I just checked the UFC site, and it's talking about some "heavyweight tournament", with the winners from the courture/lesnar and noguiera/mir fights going up against each other for the undisputed heavyweight championship.b, 21b, 21Go Jiujitsu Magician! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21My dude, this is what I'm hating... This is where the UFC meets WWE. The whole tournament aspect is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21 at best and only favors Lesnar as a contender (I'm not even sure why he's a contender in the first place) and the UFC as overall beneficiaries. b, 21b, 21It's not like White is gonna pull the same crap for Fedor if/when he comes, right?

• fedor would have to come in for probably one fight before a title shot, that way white can milk his fanbase for more than one fight and claim fedor had to "earn" his shot at the UFC heavyweight title.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Also, I just checked the UFC site, and it's talking about some "heavyweight tournament", with the winners from the courture/lesnar and noguiera/mir fights going up against each other for the undisputed heavyweight championship.b, 21b, 21Go Jiujitsu Magician! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21My dude, this is what I'm hating... This is where the UFC meets WWE. The whole tournament aspect is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21 at best and only favors Lesnar as a contender (I'm not even sure why he's a contender in the first place) and the UFC as overall beneficiaries. b, 21b, 21It's not like White is gonna pull the same crap for Fedor if/when he comes, right? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yea, you're right. But Lesnar is a damn exciting fighter, even though he's only 3 fights deep with the MMA game.b, 21b, 21FEDOR.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21fedor would have to come in for probably one fight before a title shot, that way white can milk his fanbase for more than one fight and claim fedor had to "earn" his shot at the UFC heavyweight title. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21THROW A LEGIT HEAVYWEIGHT LIKE HEATH HEARING AT HIM.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Also, I just checked the UFC site, and it's talking about some "heavyweight tournament", with the winners from the courture/lesnar and noguiera/mir fights going up against each other for the undisputed heavyweight championship.b, 21b, 21Go Jiujitsu Magician! b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21My dude, this is what I'm hating... This is where the UFC meets WWE. The whole tournament aspect is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21 at best and only favors Lesnar as a contender (I'm not even sure why he's a contender in the first place) and the UFC as overall beneficiaries. b, 21b, 21It's not like White is gonna pull the same crap for Fedor if/when he comes, right? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yea, you're right. But Lesnar is a damn exciting fighter, even though he's only 3 fights deep with the MMA game.b, 21b, 21FEDOR. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21and he lost one of those (albeit partially due to shady officiating)! Dude flat out doesn't deserve a title shot. White is simply Kimbo Slicing Lesnar for al that he can get out of him. Granted Lesnar was an all-American wrestler, but I think once Couture handles Lesnar, people will lose faith in him fast.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21fedor would have to come in for probably one fight before a title shot, that way white can milk his fanbase for more than one fight and claim fedor had to "earn" his shot at the UFC heavyweight title. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21THROW A LEGIT HEAVYWEIGHT LIKE HEATH HEARING AT HIM. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Heath Herring. You got jokes today! lol

• But that was the UFC's OG format. And I bet you don't hate on Sengoku or the old Pride tourneys--or do you?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21fedor would have to come in for probably one fight before a title shot, that way white can milk his fanbase for more than one fight and claim fedor had to "earn" his shot at the UFC heavyweight title. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21THROW A LEGIT HEAVYWEIGHT LIKE HEATH HEARING AT HIM. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21you must mean "legit heavyweight" as in "his body weight meets the standard for heavyweight fighters in the UFC."b, 21b, 21otherwise there's not much legit about him as a contender vs. fedor. I always had love for dude; was exciting to watch back in the day and had character. but Fedor would embarass him.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 the old Pride tourneys b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I'm saying. these were among the best sporting events in history. there is nothing wrong with a tourney in theory.b, 21b, 21though I don't have a lot of faith that Dana would do it right.

• will probably be a terrible fight. 92 is going to be super nasty though. rampage vs wandy WHAT

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21rampage vs wandy WHAT b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21gee if only they had thought of this sooner!b, 21b, 21for real though, sufficient time has elapsed (read: Wandy's skills have sufficiently diminished!) that I am actually genuinely curious to see the outcome of this one.

• if rampage KO's wandy, is that some redemption?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21if rampage KO's wandy, is that some redemption? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I dunno; I guess it's a matter of opinion.b, 21b, 21Is it "redemption" that a fighter who has maintained his skill level beats a former opponent who hasn't really?b, 21b, 21Was Rampage in his prime the first few times? I think he was every bit as good a fighter as he is now. Meaning, it was back in the day that you really saw the two of them at the top of their game. And the outcome was clear.b, 21b, 21I think Rampage is still as good and Wand is nowhere near as good. so a Rampage victory today is not really "redemption" in my eyes.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21(read: Wandy's skills have sufficiently diminished!) b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21you think so? i felt he could have been better against chuck but he did steamroll jardine. i guess we'll find out where both these dudes are at right now. i'd like to see rampage win and get redemption and back on track.. but it would be cool to see wandy get a LHW shot (or beat up machida)

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21But that was the UFC's OG format. And I bet you don't hate on Sengoku or the old Pride tourneys--or do you? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Of course I don't, me and my boy were talking about how the LHW division needs a tourney/Grand Prix to weed out the mass amount of contenders there are. This isn't a true tourney though. It's just really plain old match-ups. To me, this is kinda jerry-mandered to get Brock a quick shot at the title or at least it seems like it. b, 21b, 21The HW division doesn't have that many contenders to warrant a tourney of any kind. Am I just tripping? Knowledge me.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21(read: Wandy's skills have sufficiently diminished!) b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21you think so? i felt he could have been better against chuck but he did steamroll jardine. i guess we'll find out where both these dudes are at right now. i'd like to see rampage win and get redemption and back on track.. but it would be cool to see wandy get a LHW shot (or beat up machida) b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Wandy wasn't wandy against chuck. He threw, what? 3 or 4 (if that) knees at Chuck. His arms also seemed like they didn't even extend normally, like he was scared to fully engage Chuck for fear of being left open. At least to me...

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21The HW division doesn't have that many contenders to warrant a tourney of any kind. Am I just tripping? Knowledge me. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21You are not tripping. And points taken re: the tourney stuff.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Predictions...b, 21 Brock Lesnar Joe Stevenson Josh Hendricks Nate Quarry b, 21b, 21I'm actually looking forward to Forrest Griffin Vs. Rashad Evans, nobody seems to be talking about this fight but I think it'll be a good one style wise.b, 21b, 21Wanderlei Silva Quinton Jackson easy

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Predictions...b, 21 Brock Lesnar Joe Stevenson Josh Hendricks Nate Quarry b, 21b, 21I'm actually looking forward to Forrest Griffin Vs. Rashad Evans, nobody seems to be talking about this fight but I think it'll be a good one style wise.b, 21b, 21Wanderlei Silva Quinton Jackson easy b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I agree with all your predictions and I think Rashad will K.O. Forrest in what will be a war.b, 21b, 21But I pick Silva to beat Jackson by majority decision--just a gut feeling even though my mind says this fight ends in a K.O.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I think Rashad will K.O. Forrest in what will be a war.b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Rashad is a beast, and I think people still don't believe it even after that epic KO of Liddell. He definitely has some weaknesses that have yet to be exploited, but the guy has heart.

• I would like to see Maia take it over Quarry but I don't know if he can get him and keep him on the mat. If he does take it then perhaps he's next in line for a shot at Silva..

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    b, 21this will be the next UFC that i will be genuinely interested in watching, and the first in a long time that I will go out of my way to watch.