HARDWARE WARS APPRECIATION...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited September 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This was my joint in elementary school.

• Hell yes.

• Oh Shiet...b,121b,121I remember watching this on HBO back in the late 70s if I'm right...b,121b,121Damn, back then there was no cable and you only subscribed to just HBO. Anyone remember having the antenna for it? HBO was a total luxury.

• Quote:h,121b,121Oh Shiet...b,121b,121I remember watching this on HBO back in the late 70s if I'm right...b,121b,121Damn, back then there was no cable and you only subscribed to just HBO. Anyone remember having the antenna for it? HBO was a total luxury. b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121Back when HBO was on for 16 hours a day, and if you wanted to watch "Go For It", you had to stay up until 2am. Good luck in that happening when you're 6.

• b,121I own this on 16mm.

• I remember when it came out on HBO and my boys would talk about it for days. I never saw it then and I still haven't seen that shit. b,121b,121I missed out on some early Star Wars Classic Spoof shit. It would come on randomly. The HBO Guide never listed that shit.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Ham Solo = Fatback

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Holy crap!b,121b,121I haven't seen this in God knows how long....

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I've been a fan since '77. Perhaps it's because they filmed the exterior of the Cantina Bar scene two blocks from where I grew up:b,121b,121The Peaksb,121b,121I'd say it holds up pretty well after all these years, although the thing that blows my mind today is that they got Paul "Boris Badinov" Frees to do the narration.

• I'm loving the dude picking up his towel in the background of tatooine around 2:30 in the first part. I remember seeing this at a film festival with my family when it came out.