Michael McDonald vs. Mick Hucknall ???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Who you got? And why?

Comments

• merlemerle 39 Posts
    Hucknall, just for helping finance Blood & Fire.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Hucknall, just for helping finance Blood & Fire.

right on ! plus lee perry remixes of s.r.

• McDonald, for all his stuff with Steely Dan...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    man in my old studio i had a little photo collage of Fagen / Becker with Lee Perry in the centre above the mixing board...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    McDonald, for his ability to cause almost any African American woman over the age of 45 to swoon from the sound of his voice.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    McDonald for catchin' Rerun w/ the tape recorder.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

"Live Simply Red bootlegs! Get your live Simply Red bootlegs!"

"Live Simply Red bootlegs! Get your live Simply Red bootlegs!"

LOL

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    McDonald.
    Doobies and the Dan all day.

= my idea of hell

= my idea of hell

What if I sweeten the deal with some solo McDonald-- like "Sweet Freedom" from the Running Scared soundtrack? What say you then?

= my idea of hell

What if I sweeten the deal with some solo McDonald-- like "Sweet Freedom" from the Running Scared soundtrack? What say you then?

I'll see your RUNNING SCARED soundtrack and raise you a Patti LaBelle duet and a Motown covers collection.

= my idea of hell

I'll see your RUNNING SCARED soundtrack and raise you a Patti LaBelle duet and a Motown covers collection.

Touche

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Hucknall, just for financing[/b] Blood & Fire.

Congos 'Heart of the Congos' expanded reissue - no contest... Throw in the Cornel Campbell set and it's Michael who?

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

= my idea of hell

And I'll raise you the whole keep forgetting record plus Yah Mo Be There and I believe the Patti duet was "On my own" --- all required material, not to mention McDonald live with Loggins on the mellow "What a Fool Believes," and yes all the Steely Dan stuff but particularly making Aja sparkle like Irene Cara, and all the low key Doobie Bros. too like "Here to Love You" which has a legit break in the beginning. So don't front. Michael McDonald is a needstobeonastamprightnow level genius. Mick Hucknall can hold back the years all he wants, he can't fuckwit the Michael McDonald. Distant second in the category of blue eyed soul: Darryl Hall.

duet was "On my own" --- all required material, not to mention McDonald live with Loggins on the mellow "What a Fool Believes," and yes all the Steely Dan stuff but particularly making Aja sparkle like Irene Cara, and all the low key Doobie Bros. too like "Here to Love You" which has a legit break in the beginning. So don't front. Michael McDonald is a needstobeonastamprightnow level genius. Mick Hucknall can hold back the years all he wants, he can't fuckwit the Michael McDonald. Distant second in the category of blue eyed soul: Darryl Hall.

Dear Applicant:

You have a bright future in our organization! Let's schedule an interview.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Sleepy Z. Yawns,
    Head of Adult Contemporary Programming

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Mr. Sleepy Z. Yawns

ALIAS ALERT!

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    duet was "On my own" --- all required material, not to mention McDonald live with Loggins on the mellow "What a Fool Believes," and yes all the Steely Dan stuff but particularly making Aja sparkle like Irene Cara, and all the low key Doobie Bros. too like "Here to Love You" which has a legit break in the beginning. So don't front. Michael McDonald is a needstobeonastamprightnow level genius. Mick Hucknall can hold back the years all he wants, he can't fuckwit the Michael McDonald. Distant second in the category of blue eyed soul: Darryl Hall.

Dear Applicant:

You have a bright future in our organization! Let's schedule an interview.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Sleepy Z. Yawns,
    Head of Adult Contemporary Programming

Soulmarcosa,

No disrespect, but I hope I get you in the soulstrut CD exchange. I'm making mine a tribute to Michael McDonald and similar artists. Easy-soul is the next funk 45, is the next 70s reggae-covers, is the next modern soul, feel me? I'm name checking Ambrosia, Christopher Cross, Donald Fagan and Pure Prairie League on my mix. In 2006 producers are going to be fiending for OG mint pressings of Kenny Loggins B-sides. House at Pooh Corner like WHUT!?!?!?! I'm tracing the straight fire genius of Michael McDonald as heard through the peers he influenced. I'm celebrating this man's music cause it's way past due. So If your store's got some Peter Cetera, some Player, some Ace, some Climax Blues Band, a little Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show than hoard that shit now. It's about to blow up like last year's LeBron James jerseys. Make a wish, baby.

Vitamin

Kenny Loggins is my shit.Check out Patti Austin's cover of "Wait A Little While" off of her Live at the Bottom Line LP. Good Shit. Or check M.Jackson doin' backups for K.L-- Who's Right Who's Wrong, off of the Keep the Fire,LP.

Oh yeah, I have The Dr.Hook lp w/ Sexy Eyes on it. Are there any other lps by them.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    McDonald for catchin' Rerun w/ the tape recorder.

no roger no rerun no rent

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Mickey Mc??D all the way. Listen to his backround vocals on the chorus of SD??s "Peg".