Impulse "Rock And Roll" - outsideur rapp

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
This is a record from Athens, GA 1987. Super rare. Known in my house as the needle wrecker. Listen to the crispy unmastered snares as they take a razor from the hatband directly to your needle. This is hard core off-the-grid rapp. The kitchen sink style of production reeks of outsideur, but the songwriting obviously reveals superstar wishes. The theme of the song is stated in the title: "Rock And Roll". This is established by the dual interpolation of "Old Time Rock And Roll" by Bob Seger and "I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. Listen to the very opening Bob Seger piano line very closely. How many times do you think they played that to get it right. Do you think the studio was crunchy with Cheetos?If you do not like this type music, then not only do you not appreciate classic rapp sounds, but you have no regard for life itself. Enjoy.

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    track of the year

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    kitchen sink style

it does sound like someone is putting away the forks and spoons

• kitchen sink style

it does sound like someone is putting away the forks and spoons

It's funny, I was just listening to some of that Black Spade for the first time and whatever folks call that production style - future soul / sa-ra synth rapp- reminds me of a more restrained version of this Impulse style. It's those damn Juno keyboards that put it over the top. Added on to some drums thats manually fingered.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is amazing.

• this is not good.