Been on a two week Krystals binge

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    the fuck is that? white castle wannabe shit?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is that DJ Ferrari?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

White Castle of the south...been around since the 30s, might be older than White Castles actually

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Is that DJ Ferrari?
    doubtful. doesn't say anything there about a beer pong tournament.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Is that DJ Ferrari?

One of the international balleur's many stops.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    ...waiting on Batmon's "Been on a two week Kryptonite binge" thread...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

White Castle of the south...been around since the 30s, might be older than White Castles actually

and slightly better. dont get me wrong, i still love my WC burgers, but Krystals has that indefinable something extra.

the first time i was in memphis for the ponderosa stomp, i remember me and my friends tore up the town looking for the best bar-B-Q. the rockabilly singer Big Sandy happened to be staying in the same hotel as me, and sure enough he waltzed through the door one nite with a mess of krystalburgers by the sack. it was my last nite in town and i was all like: "damn, been down south all week, i knew i forgot SOMETHING!"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Is that DJ Ferrari?
    doubtful. doesn't say anything there about a beer pong tournament.

Ahaha! Face! Well played sir

No that's not me, but isn't it San Jose's own Joey Chestnut?

• I was involved in some massive Krystal binges with my neighborhood friends in the late 80s. We were broke teenagers with too much time on our hands, and one of our friends had a car. Krystal ran a promotional contest for awhile where they were printing a scratch-off on the side of each little burger box. More than half of the scratch-offs yielded a win of a FREE Krystal burger or cheeseburger.
    On some you would win a whole combo meal. So we would just go in and each order a combo meal, then do the scratch-offs and return to the counter to get the next round of free burgers. We would then scratch off the free burger boxes and then go up and redeem those for more burgers and combo meals. Ad infinitum, until we were sick at the stomach or finally came up dry.

The great thing about their promotion is that it combined the two addictions of scratch-off cards and steamed mini-burgers. Another great thing is that, at least from our perspective, they seemed to lose a lot of money giving away all those Krystal burgers.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    a drunken night a few months ago...I killed a dozen of those little gut bombs, its not the little patties that fucked up my gut, its the fact I ate a dozen Hawaiian rolls...that much bread is a cork...