OK Real Deal Situation In Need Of Advice!!!

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Did you get the guitar back?
    Do you still have it?
    Why would he run out and get it appraised right after buying it?
    Are you sure it's a fake Strat?

Do people not read threads?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    ok yea so after reading the email what he is hinting at is that if i dont pay by cash all the payments to Verizon will go to him...

someone he thinks he can re-route my checks...

does this sound logical? change my number?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    he gave me the guitar back. should i gt my number changed immediately?

this is what i was worried about

Just sell some stuff and give him the $200 back.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    he gave me the guitar back. should i gt my number changed immediately?

this is what i was worried about

Just sell some stuff and give him the $200 back.

yeah no shit, if you have the guitar, you owe him all the money. I wouldnt even feel comfortable paying him just $100, that shit is weird.

wouldnt worry about the cellphone credit card thing though. Just step to Verizon now, and give a heads up that some nut is trying some shady shit on your account.

then pay him when you have the dough. end of story.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    Are you absolutely sure the guitar you had returned to you is the guitar that you sold to him originally? This is the hustle that I'd be most concerned about.

Also, he's just blowing that hacker stuff out of his ass. If you do end up having some trouble with your bill payments, which you won't, just call your cellphone company and your bank and provide his information. You may want to do it now so they have documentation and can run an investigation on the threats. Nothing scares wannabe criminals away like calls from private detectives.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this thread reeks of racism

• chasechase 767 Posts
    you sold what you thought was a custom shop strat for $800?!?!

you can't buy a deluxe for that

that explains why he had it appraised right away..

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Yeah, just pay him back the 200, you're back to where you started. Except for the fact that you now have a guitar worth way less than what you originally thought that you probably now won't be able to sell as an OG Fender unless you knowingly lie about it. Do you have any way of getting back to the person you bought the guitar off?

• breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts

Are you sure it's a fake Strat?

that's the first thing that i thought -- so he tells you it's fake, but how can you be certain?

i'd take this up with the dude that you got it from.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Yeah, just pay him back the 200, you're back to where you started. Except for the fact that you now have a guitar worth way less than what you originally thought that you probably now won't be able to sell as an OG Fender unless you knowingly lie about it. Do you have any way of getting back to the person you bought the guitar off?

cosign - my advice earlier was based on the assumption that he had KEPT the guitar and wanted a partial refund then said FU forget it. since you got the guitar you must pay the child back, even if hes annoying.

just relist with an accurate description and youll still probably get some decent $ for it. or find the guy you got it from and get up in his grill.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    destroy the guitar, keep the money, play your skullsnaps breaks over and over

• This is simple....do this:

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

what do i do??

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    there are some bullshit e-thugs in the thread