Lets listen to J Dilla

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    fantastic vol II has been in heavy rotation in my whip over the last month.

I distinctly remember when I first gripped fantastic vol I being like...these dudes suck on the mic but I can't stop listening to this tape. I was in one of those immature "lyrical" phases and the rapping on that album was offensively bad to me at the time. but I still loved the tape, and still do love the tape (and the 2nd one, even more actually).

someone poast fuck the police.

• fantastic vol II has been in heavy rotation in my whip over the last month.

I distinctly remember when I first gripped fantastic vol I being like...these dudes suck on the mic but I can't stop listening to this tape. I was in one of those immature "lyrical" phases and the rapping on that album was offensively bad to me at the time. but I still loved the tape, and still do love the tape (and the 2nd one, even more actually).

I somehow ended up on Good Vibe's mailing list, the dudes who put out Fantastic Vol II. I wasn't really feeling it except for "Fall In Love" which I would end up bumping pretty much for days straight all day. Eventually I grew just to like pretty much every track and I even thought the lack-luster raps added to it.

I didn't get Part One till a year or two later on some vinyl bootleg

P.S.

Chad.

I use to do grunt work at that magazine Subuculture so I would up getting stuff like that. Nice I just work at making your girl grunt

!

fantastic vol II has been in heavy rotation in my whip over the last month.

I somehow ended up on Good Vibe's mailing list, the dudes who put out Fantastic Vol II. I wasn't really feeling it except for "Fall In Love" which I would end up bumping pretty much for days straight all day. Eventually I grew just to like pretty much every track and I even thought the lack-luster raps added to it.

I didn't get Part One till a year or two later on some vinyl bootleg

P.S.

Chad.

I use to do grunt work at that magazine Subuculture so I would up getting stuff like that. Nice I just work at making your girl grunt

!

you really would have to work at it I bet.

PS

"Subuculture"?

• Doggie, I believe a certain sibling of yours may have gotten flexi with the words n verbs over there as well.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

1998 anotha batch

i think that was SUBculture. but if you've got any tips* for me on how to change the air intake on my '95 Legacy let me know (from your days at SUBUcluture...).

*I just gave your girl mine.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    i think that was SUBculture. but if you've got any tips* for me on how to change the air intake on my '95 Legacy let me know (from your days at SUBUcluture...).

*I just gave your girl mine.

Yall chill. This beat needs to last all night long.

• someone poast fuck the police.

Fuck The Police
    b/w
    Move
    (forgive the pop on "Move"... It's only on the intro though)

http://www.divshare.com/download/4257180-d30

• These Dilla gems always be blaring in my headphones.
    TURN IT UP!!!!

Heroine Joint (may not be the intended name)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/1056154042981472

Oxtopus (may not be the intended name)
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/10561894a8d626ed
    Be warned this cut is nothing spectacular but it's a posthumous leaked track

One

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    These Dilla gems always be blaring in my headphones.

Killer track.

Anybody know if of any "live" dj sets he did that can be had?

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

curtis

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    These Dilla gems always be blaring in my headphones.
    TURN IT UP!!!!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1056154042981472

One

wow! Joc Max just chopped this james brown cut up too~

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I yell out "J Dilla, Rest In Peace" without fail on a daily basis...

I am ashamed that I only became a fan after he passed.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    There is some Dilla and SV's here...