Kobe And The Car

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
i am sure some of u have seen this one

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm sure the Lakers Front Office will enjoy watching this video.
    The video needs a re-do with Incredible Hulk slow mo music or something.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah the Sneaker thraed kids are open on this.

Its a shame that NIKE doesnt promote Kobes sneakers.

No Posters,commercial,ads...nothin.

Dude is in the MVP race and kids dont even know he has kicks out there.

Its looks CGI to me though.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    fake as shit

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    yea it has to be CGI. i am sure his contract prohibits him from jumping speeding cars haha

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    if u slow it down it also looks like he is in front of the car (going by our POV)

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I'm sure the Lakers Front Office will enjoy watching this video.
    The video needs a re-do with Incredible Hulk slow mo music or something.

That, or that cool cascading sound that the Six Million Dollar Man made when he jumped and shit.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    love kobe, but the dude is just not cool. his smoothness does not extend past the court.

Nash is cooler.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    For yall who think it's fake, gimme some ideas why? Kobe's shadow matches, the building stays the same in the back, etc. There seems to be an unnatural pause while he's in the air I guess, but I don't really see anything else.

For yall who think it's fake, gimme some ideas why? Kobe's shadow matches, the building stays the same in the back, etc.

because his contract wouldn't allow him to do something like that. and i don't think Kobe would put himself or his career in danger like that.

Nash is cooler.

Im picking up Telepathic signals.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    For yall who think it's fake, gimme some ideas why? Kobe's shadow matches, the building stays the same in the back, etc.

because his contract wouldn't allow him to do something like that. and i don't think Kobe would put himself or his career in danger like that.

logistically it's also much easier to do this as a comp - two takes: one of Kobe jumping, and another of a car driving by, and it can be edited together on a shoestring budget... there's no way Kobe would go through stuntman-esqe training in order to pull this off. Too obvious, but also a cool commercial, despite it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    his smoothness does not extend past the court.

so true. he comes off as a herb in this ad.

his smoothness does not extend past the court.

so true. he comes off as a herb in this ad.

Turiaf got more swagger....

doesn't this ad exactly mirror the model of the ronaldino one where he puts on the shoes and makes a series of insane half-field goals?

and as I remember there was a similar debate on the strut as to whether that was real or not.

this seems to be a little cottage viral ad thing Nike does from time to time.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    doesn't this ad exactly mirror the model of the ronaldino one where he puts on the shoes and makes a series of insane half-field goals?

and as I remember there was a similar debate on the strut as to whether that was real or not.

this seems to be a little cottage viral ad thing Nike does from time to time.

yep exactly, and the viral thing is getting bigger. Lego just had a call for someone to create a viral video that would lead people to their site. It's the new(ish) wave of advertising.

I don't understand this poast. are you really all broken up that Nike does not promote Kobe Bryant's shoes? wtf do you care? serious question. (my apologies if this was a joke).

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

id say the best way to know it was a fake was some kids tried this and videotaped it like 5 years ago i think and dude either died or was paralyzed or something.

bruce lee would've nailed it.

I don't understand this poast. are you really all broken up that Nike does not promote Kobe Bryant's shoes? wtf do you care? serious question. (my apologies if this was a joke).

Im not broken up, i just dont understand how one of the greatest ballers doesnt have any promotions for his shoe.
    U dont find that odd from a business standpoint?

I feel you; lebron is the one I can think of with lots of ads for his shoe. but I don't watch much TV nor read magazines so...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Some random dude did that on That's Incredible like 25 years ago.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    lil different but completely real

joey gathright hurdling a car

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Some random dude did that on That's Incredible like 25 years ago.

hahaha I remember that,

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Im not broken up, i just dont understand how one of the greatest ballers doesnt have any promotions for his shoe.
    U dont find that odd from a business standpoint?

Business is Business.....if Nike thought they could make $$$ promoting Kobe's shoe they would.....truth is the guy's public persona is not very likeable and they are not gonna throw away $$ trying to change that.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    fake as shit

fake as shit

his faux friendliness is so transparent sometimes in these interviews. dude seems like a dick.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lebron James' push for basketball immortality is like Jay-Z pushing for Reasonable Doubt to be just as re-known a classic as Illmatic is. Not saying LBJ is not good. He is superior/dominant already. All I'm saying is that good things surface regardless of how you package it.

KB lets his game do the talking. He doesn't need excessive marketing campaigns, business deals (which were actually squandered by himself), or love from your casual basketball fans. Corny, too sensitive, or not street enough? Those things are pretty much irrelevant to hoops headz who know that he is the real deal.

That's my KB speech for today.

oh yeah I forgot we had a shameless kobe dickrider in here. whatup yuichi. I admit to being a casual bball fan.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    fake as shit

his faux friendliness is so transparent sometimes in these interviews. dude seems like a dick.

He's a father of two and gets mad MVP chants in LA (and other cities), you don't think that'll put a smile on your face? From loner to leader in 10 years, that ain't bad.