Long ass album titles

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
I was just checking out an Eric Mercury LP to see if it was a huge terd like "Electric Black Man" (yes it was...well, there was actually one track that was funky and not half-bad) and I noticed it had a long ass title:"Funky Sounds Nurtured in the Soil of Memphis that Smell of Rock"name some other long ass LP titles...

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    peoples instinctive travels and the paths of rhythm

• Beat me to it

b/w

Got it wrong.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Fiona Apple--When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    93 till infinity

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    This is Howlin' Wolf's New Album And He Doesn't Like It

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This is Howlin' Wolf's New Album And He Doesn't Like It

I think the actual title was supposed to be The Howlin' Wolf Album...that whole bit about him not liking his new album was a cover-graphic idea, I think.

Roy Head's Same People You Meet Going Up You Meet Coming Down

• Selling Soul to Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Selling Soul to Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul

actually it's even longer:

How to sell soul to soulless people who sold their soul???

awesome title

Terrence Trent D'arby...damn near everything!

• Joe Bataan - Mr New York And The East Side Kids

• Options
    93 till infinity

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Spacemen 3 - Taking Drugs to Make Music to Take Drugs to

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Stereolab
    Cobra & Phases Group Play Voltage In The Milky Night

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    semi-related

anyone ever go to a Morrissey show and hear fans yell out requests?

pure hilarity

• It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
    They Threw Us In A Ditch And Stuck A Monument On Top

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    For those of us who do data entry, what about those records that you can't even figure out what the title is?

I'm looking, here is a long one:
    Proceedings of the Blue angel Jazz Club The Complete 1970 Pasadena Jazz Party

Looking some more...
    Here is what I am talking about, the cover says:
    Composer Of Black Orpheus Plays and Sings Bossa Nova With Lalo Schifrin & Oscar Castro Neves
    The spine says:
    Plays and sings Bossa Nova
    The label replaces and with an ampersand.

Ok, I'm not finding anything more confusing now, but if you have ever done data entry of lp titles you know you have come across records with all kinds of writing all over the place and one title on front, different on the back spine and label.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness

I'm Going Back To The Country Where They Don't Burn The Buildings Down - Juke Boy Bonner

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    joe cuba sextet - we must be doing something right

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    modest mouse thrives on long album titles

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Fiona Apple--When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right.

Right, but:

• Fiona Apple--When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right.

"The full title of the double-CD compilation is:

Most of the remixes we've made for other people over the years except for the one for Einst??rzende Neubauten because we lost it and a few we didn't think sounded good enough or just didn't fit in length-wise, but including some that are hard to find because either people forgot about them or simply because they haven't been released yet, a few we really love, one we think is just ok, some we did for free, some we did for money, some for ourselves without permission and some for friends as swaps but never on time and always at our studio in Ghent.

It is noted for having a 552-character album title, about 100 characters more than the Fiona Apple album When the Pawn, which held a record for being the longest. Most of the Remixes may be the new longest album title."
    ?

• modest mouse thrives on long album titles

This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about.

• Mark Eitzel: "Caught in a Trap and I Can't Back Out 'Cause I Love You Too Much, Baby"

joe cuba sextet - we must be doing something right

compared to the other long-ass titles in this thread, this six-word sentence is concise

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Fishbone- Give A Monkey A Brain And He'll Swear He's The Center Of The Universe
    Wire - A Bell Is a Cup ... Until It Is Struck
    Wire - It's Beginning To And Back Again

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    joseph and the amazing technicolor dream coat