"Just for kicks" - Movie

ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central

Just follow the "related videos" to catch all 8 parts of it...

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    that was sort of a disappointing documentary, still cool none the less. my friend should have been in there a lot longer than he was, and compared to almost all those people in there his collection could kill them. not to mention he was the one who actually schooled some of the people shown in the video, on old kicks.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    You can also stream it on Netflix, if you get down like that.

My favorite part was when the dude who's chilling with Grandmaster Caz (I forgot his name) is talking about wearing the same pair of shoes all time and punctuates it by saying, "that's a bad look."

Because of that, I've found myself referring to things as "a bad look" rather than "not a good look."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You can also stream it on Netflix, if you get down like that.

My favorite part was when the dude who's chilling with Grandmaster Caz (I forgot his name) is talking about wearing the same pair of shoes all time and punctuates it by saying, "that's a bad look."

Because of that, I've found myself referring to things as "a bad look" rather than "not a good look."

That's CC4's J.erryD.L.ewis.

My only problem w/ the doc was the heavy attention it paid to Run-DMC/Adidas.

By the time My Adidas came out as a song my hood were way past rockin shelltoes.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Yeah, it was a little disappointing. I'm till surprised there weren't any overseas shoe collectros or more focus on the actual shoes and models. Call me a hater but in my opinion they put way too much attention on the Air Force ones which I find are so-so. No real attention on Pumas or other kicks either.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Bonz Malone was

a peek inside the Basement for you folks...

all my flicks

Yeah, it was a little disappointing. I'm till surprised there weren't any overseas shoe collectros or more focus on the actual shoes and models. Call me a hater but in my opinion they put way too much attention on the Air Force ones which I find are so-so. No real attention on Pumas or other kicks either.

The creator was an "overseas cat". Besides, they wanted to show its beginnings which is NYC. The DVD has very good interview w/ Walt Clyde Frazier.

Do I see a Newport Air Force 1 box?

naw hahahaha those were those kicks by Ari, the old art director for On the Go

what are u missing in your collectron?

naw that's my good friend Tommy's collectron. the dude in the documentary that's like "The 97 came out...You know what, I'm coppin 3 pairs of that sneaker. They're like, yo why 3 pairs?" and has him & his [ex]girl layin out all those boxes on the front stoop.

...and he's not missin much. last time i went over he had a ceiling high boxes of humara's all in his size that he had just got from some old guy in jersey out the back of a van.

• Lets see the 'Lo collection, Gaffler.

Lets see the 'Lo collection, Gaffler.

if enough people are interested, i can reveal some flicks...

as long as its not an Air Max jerk off flick

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    this should make all you sneaker geeks proud

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080401/lf_nm_life/sneakers_leaders_dc

• a peek inside the Basement for you folks...

all my flicks

Team 5MH. All day.

i see that J**Ks throw!

• One of the most underrated of all time.

him and SK**M Boogie

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

By the time My Adidas came out as a song my hood never even heard of shelltoes.