sony mdr-v700 repair?

mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I was playing last night and I went to adjust the placement of the right earpiece on my headphones and the sound cut out in the right channel. I just disassembled the right side and now the sound is cutting in and out. I can't see any cuts in the wire that might cause the sound to go in and out. Has anyone ever replaced the wires in their sony headphones before? I would just buy another pair, except that I did that less than 6 months ago and I don't have a lot of money now.

Comments

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Pick up a pair of these:

Great backup headphones (my main pair) for only about $50

Good sound isolation, cord reinforcement, rugged.

Audio Technica ATH-M30

• if you find out any info on sony headphone repair please let me know, i have a pair of 7506's that only work in 1 ear. i know it has something to do with wiring and the drivers arn't blown and i'd gladly mail it away and pay to get it fixed if you find that such a place exists.

i already replaced them with the new technics dj headphones, and they are working out pretty good. They overemphasize the bass but it's good to know whats going on in the low end.

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    Those fuckers are hard to get back together. I ended up breaking one of the plastic pieces that holds a swivel joint together. (These headphones would be a lot better if they replaced a few plastic pieces with metal). They're kind of back together now but will probably fall apart in a couple weeks. The left channel works for now, and that's all that really matters.

I want to try to rig up one of these, because i got two working drivers...

I'm off to the hardware store!