My Dem Primary Prediction

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://thepage.time.com/2008/03/04/tom-b...is-back-pocket/
    Tom Brokaw Says Obama Has 50 More Superdelegates in His Back Pocket
    NBC News superreporter cites a source ???very close to the Obama campaign??? who says the additional superdelegates are ???ready to go public before too long.???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    http://thepage.time.com/2008/03/04/tom-b...is-back-pocket/
    Tom Brokaw Says Obama Has 50 More Superdelegates in His Back Pocket
    NBC News superreporter cites a source ???very close to the Obama campaign??? who says the additional superdelegates are ???ready to go public before too long.???

"...before too long" translates to "we're waiting for today's outcome before we stretch our necks out"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    superreporter

LOL

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Damn, Hillary's campaign gets more Rove-ian every day.

I'm holding out hope Obama can continue to win, but she's done a good enough job bloodying him up this last week that I'm now completely convinced that McCain will be president if she somehow pulls this out. You cant crush this kind of enthusiasm and just expect people to fall in line after.

• Damn, Hillary's campaign gets more Rove-ian every day.

I'm holding out hope Obama can continue to win, but she's done a good enough job bloodying him up this last week that I'm now completely convinced that McCain will be president if she somehow pulls this out. You cant crush this kind of enthusiasm and just expect people to fall in line after.

I don't think they're crushing shit. Hillary has come out of the last two weeks looking sleazier than ever, having convinced no one other than the vetriloquist dummies that do cable news.

Obama will march forward, undaunted.

Goodbye Hillary.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

IT'S A LONG WAY TO NOVEMBER.

Shit, it's a long way to tonight!

Chill. Perspective. Chill.

IT'S A LONG WAY TO NOVEMBER.

Shit, it's a long way to tonight!

Chill. Perspective. Chill.

Haha, not trying to be overdramatic. KVH sadly contemplated whether Obama voters will fall in line the same way Hillary voters would, and I think its pretty clear they almost certainly won't, especially energized first time voters.

The fact that there's even a chance she'll squeak this out, I feel like I did watching Kerry lock it down in '04: its a car crash, with the vehicle careening towards disaster, there's nothing you can do to interfere with the forces at play, and you can't look away.

Ok, that was dramatic.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Obama will march forward, undaunted.

god, you really are a piece of work.

• Obama will march forward, undaunted.

god, you really are a piece of work.

Indeed I am. I'll see you and Dr Strangelove in November...

• I think democrats are finally wizening up

Do you even know what "wizening up" means?

easily the best post of the thread.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Haha, not trying to be overdramatic. KVH sadly contemplated whether Obama voters will fall in line the same way Hillary voters would, and I think its pretty clear they almost certainly won't, especially energized first time voters.

yea, that's quite a sad commentary on obama supporters, isn't it? either they are too stupid or too stubborn to recognize that hillary is running on the same policies as obama.

i need to get a tshirt that says - i like obama but can't stand his supporters.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Obama skulks away from his first real press confrontation, finally getting asked some questions about real issues, complaining "Come on guys, I already answered like 8 questions." Meanwhile, McCain answers some 30-40 questions at his grilling over a fake sex scandal and has to ask twice if there are any more questions before he ends the conference.

This guy is not a lightweight, he's a featherweight.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    how come certain news outlets insist on writing "Nafta" when NAFTA is an acronym?

I realize this is gramatically acceptable, but I don't agree with it.

yea, that's quite a sad commentary on obama supporters, isn't it? either they are too stupid or too stubborn to recognize that hillary is running on the same policies as obama.

Not everyone gets as excited over raw partisanship as us. Whats so sad about people actually really liking a candidate, as opposed to simply agreeing with their positions?

jesus. you really just don't get it. this is not about hillary. it's about the old school DNC. the same old same old. the wait your turn. pay your dues. so and so is next. this old timey DNC can't get past these problems to implement any agenda or win elections. this is pretty much their last chance to get it right.

Mondale
    Dukakis
    Gore
    Kerry

What a crew. LOL> Please stop.

not to mention being under a bush/clinton dynasty in the Executive for potentially 45 years. omg. wtf?

jesus. you really just don't get it. this is not about hillary. it's about the old school DNC. the same old same old. the wait your turn. pay your dues. so and so is next. this old timey DNC can't get past these problems to implement any agenda or win elections. this is pretty much their last chance to get it right.

i get that john mccain, if elected, could do a lot of harm, just like i "got it" that bush was going to do the same and that's why i voted for kerry and gore, despite the fact that neither were my first choice. if obama people don't "get it" that a hillary presidency is far more favorable to this country than a mccain presidency...even if the only thing she does is to appoint democratic federal judges, then obviously, they don't get it and neither do you.

Meanwhile, McCain answers some 30-40 questions and has to ask twice if there are any more questions before he ends the conference.

that's because he is just happy to get some attention.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i need to get a tshirt that says - i hate hillary and her supporters.

• not to mention being under a bush/clinton dynasty in the Executive for potentially 45 years. omg. wtf?

45 years? Are you counting on Jeb or Chelsea sitting in there someday?

not to mention being under a bush/clinton dynasty in the Executive for potentially 45 years. omg. wtf?

45 years? Are you counting on Jeb or Chelsea sitting in there someday?

Word, today's mathematics are a little confusing.

As for the "I like [candidate] but hate their supporters" t-shirt...seriously, when has this NOT been the case? Not like 2008 invented obnoxious political stans.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    being under a bush/clinton dynasty in the Executive for potentially 45 years.

Huh? Where are you getting 45 years from? Clinton + Bushes + Hillary (potentially) doesn't add up.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

Huh? Where are you getting 45 years from? Clinton + Bushes + Hillary (potentially) doesn't add up.

Chelsea and Jeb

lol

---

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Chelsea and Jeb

lol

---

Then we got Jeb's son that was arrested for stalking his girlfriend.

that was a mistake.

Chelsea and Jeb

lol

---

Jeb could have had a good look at the presidency if his brother didn't permanently f-- up the Bush name.

• In all honesty I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Chelsea get in there. Just give it 15 or 20 years.

I got my money on Mary Cheney's son, Lil' Dick Jr., in 2032.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Whoa that is pantsuit POWER right there

• being under a bush/clinton dynasty in the Executive for potentially 45 years.

Chelsea and Jeb

lol

---

Jeb could have had a good look at the presidency if his brother didn't permanently f-- up the Bush name.

Jeb has some shady dealings in his background, including some leniency on terrorists that downed a plane in, I believe, Peru. There was a profile on him and this in the New Yorker a few years back.

I mean...negotiating with terrorists? Not a Good Look for the GOP nominee.

EDIT: It was Orlando Bosch, a Cuban militant that was running around Cuba and Venezuela, and Jeb got him pardoned and sent to live here in the states.