Jeff Healey RIP

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
edit, my txt is not showing up for some reason...necessity brought aboot a very innovative style. Makes me proud to be a Canadian, mullet and all.You will be remembered.

Comments

• Wha-happen???

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Angel Eyes was my sheeeit, and it still is. I was always fascinated by his lap playing.

rip

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "That there is Mr. James Dalton...."

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "you play pretty good for being a blind, white boy"

RIP

• rip

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    he had cancer, the same cancer that robbed him of his sight as a baby. Tis very sad.....

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Every year for Christmas, my canadian cousin always used to send me a cassette of the "hot" canadian album of the moment. Of all the shit he sent me over the years, "See The Light" was the only album I ever got into. RIP.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RIP, I used to rock to "Hell To Pay" as a guitar playing youngster.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

rip

Marcus Miller on bass

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I like the little bio running below the clip, "American" Rock Vocalist/Guitarist. How do the Canadians feel about that? Anyways, cool clips, I hadn't seen the music video for "Gently weeps" for years.

• Dude was a major 78 collectro and had a long-running radio show on Canadian Radio. RIP -

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    RIP

• macacamacaca 278 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dude was a major 78 collectro

Bray and fellow bandmate Gary Scriven remembered their frontman as a musician of rare abilities with a generous nature and wicked sense of humor.

Healey's true love was jazz, the genre that dominated his three most recent albums.

His love of jazz led him to host radio shows in Canada where he spun long-forgotten numbers from his personal collection of more than 30,000 vinyl records.[/b]

RIP

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Dude was a major 78 collectro

Bray and fellow bandmate Gary Scriven remembered their frontman as a musician of rare abilities with a generous nature and wicked sense of humor.

Healey's true love was jazz, the genre that dominated his three most recent albums.

His love of jazz led him to host radio shows in Canada where he spun long-forgotten numbers from his personal collection of more than 30,000 vinyl records.[/b]

RIP

RIP

b/w
    Which crazy record dealer dude is already calling his widow?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    interesting to see the wide difference in Jeff Healy threads
    http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&topic=35825

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Damn...is that the "Not As Funny As Louie Anderson" comedy board??

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Damn...is that the "Not As Funny As Louie Anderson" comedy board??

kinda, but I have to admit the line "Even though he was blind, he was somehow a terrible bluesman" had me laughing....I know Im going to hell for laughing at a dead man...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    "you play pretty good for being a blind, white boy"

RIP

"yeah, and I thought you'd be bigger"

RIP

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

I liked Seeing the Light lp when it came out, can't remember what it sounds now. My friend who is deep deep into bluesrock told me he has been playing trumpet in a very bad jazz bands for the last few decades.