Saukrates appreciation ...

MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody else still listen or play his music? Father Time(one of my favorite acapellas). Play dis (super dope beat) Anybody else?

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Brick House EP was pretty good. I think he had some beats on those Ill At Will mixes, too.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Brick House EP was pretty good.
    yeh i like that and Keep It Movin' w/Xzibit.

didn't know he produced Masta Ace - "Top Ten List" until I just checked discogs... I like that too

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i really like saukrates

hate runs deep , father time + remix , rollin feat masta ace etc..

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    His first 12" was pretty solid too:

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Such a totally solid MC. Pretty well should have been one of the legends, as his flow, lyrics, and production capabilities are top notch. A rather nice person as well. A+ rating and a lifetime of support from me.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    i really like saukrates

hate runs deep , father time + remix , rollin feat masta ace etc..

Zactly!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    You couldn't fuck with us tomorrow or today-ay-ay

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pretty well should have been one of the legends

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Anybody have the "Kalifornia" 12 inch? It's him rapping over D'Angelo's "Lady." What is the name of the group on the other side? I've had this since 96 or whenever it came out and have no idea who is on the other side since it's a white label. I ordered it from Beat Street over the phone and it came in a plain white sleeve that said "Kalifornia" in sharpie.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

A Canadian legend, maybe, but otherwise you have to be joking, right? No complete LP of note and a bunch of scattered 12's does not a legend make.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    [i]Anybody have the "Kalifornia" 12 inch? It's him rapping over D'Angelo's "Lady." What is the name of the group on the other side? I've had this since 96 or whenever it came out and have no idea who is on the other side since it's a white label. I ordered it from Beat Street over the phone and it came in a plain white sleeve that said "Kalifornia" in sharpie./I>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The song on the other side is by MARVEL[/b]. I bought it for Kali but, loved the Marvel side. Super Smokey cut.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    b-side is by Marvel, they're all part of F.O.S. (Figures of Speech) crew.

I had this snippet tape on Genesis Ent. w/ stuff that was supposed to be from his 1st album. "Hate Runs Deep", stuff that never appeared anywhere else, plus some stuff that ended up on the Brickhouse ep. I lent that tape out and never got it back

He had some very dope exclusive tracks that Mastermind played on his radio show BITD on Energy 108. Back when it was on Saturday afternoon and Russell Peters co-hosted.

sure beats Apples & Oranges. GIVIN YA A TASTE SOME FOR NOW SOME FOR LATER!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    cool, thanks. Yeah that Marvel song is great. I love that beat.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

A Canadian legend, maybe, but otherwise you have to be joking, right? No complete LP of note and a bunch of scattered 12's does not a legend make.

One can be Legendary without records though. Im not sayin Saukrates is,but.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Brick House EP was pretty good.

yes. I always liked the Play Dis remix with Common.

• Yeah was really into his studder-steez... Hits it right with Heltah Skeltah on "Ultimate Rush". And the beat on "Body Language" w/ Choclair is pure