Off The Wall Apartment Inquiries

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I just got this one today thought I would share. What's next? Will you be serving shade grown organic fair trade coffee at the open house?Good Morning!I am interested in your North Portland Studio. I would like to set up an appointment to view the property. I have two cats and work for an architecture firm down town. I would probably live with my boyfriend who owns a business in the Alberta area.What is the square footage in the studio? Is there a closet some where that I don't see in the photographs? Is there composting? Is the electricity "off the grid"?[/b] Thank you,M*******a

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Is the electricity "off the grid"?[/b]

What does that even mean?

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

It means that the electricity does not come from the power company but from some other source (solar, wind, etc.)
    I live in North Portland and I can tell you that the odds of anyone here being "off the grid" are zero.

I live in North Portland and I can tell you that the odds of anyone here being "off the grid" are zero.

That said, the trend in all of the new condos in the area is to advertise environmentally friendly features.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    That said, the trend in all of the new condosconsumable goods in the areaUSA is to advertise environmentally friendly features.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

What is the square footage in the studio? Is there a closet some where that I don't see in the photographs? Is there composting? Is the electricity "off the grid"?[/b]

Thank you,
    M*******a

Problem tenants. To be avoided.

What is the square footage in the studio? Is there a closet some where that I don't see in the photographs? Is there composting? Is the electricity "off the grid"?[/b]

Thank you,
    M*******a

Problem tenants. To be avoided.

Hippies.
    Will clog all of your drains with oily bodily hair and accidentally burn the building down when they misplace a lit "doobie."

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Speaking of indoor growing operations, last year my wife sold a rental property for a friend. During the inspection the inspector discovered a hidden grow room in the basement. The exhaust from the gas furnace had been redirected into the room to help the plants grow. People in the house had been ingesting mad amounts of co2. I just have to wonder how the fuck someone builds a room in a house and the landlord doesn't find it. I suppose big city people don't ever see their landlord but not here.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just got this one today thought I would share. What's next? Will you be serving shade grown organic fair trade coffee at the open house?

Good Morning!

I am interested in your North Portland Studio. I would like to set up an appointment to view the property. I have two cats and work for an architecture firm down town. I would probably live with my boyfriend who owns a business in the Alberta area.

Thank you,
    M*******a

I just emailed M********a back a told her that not only are we off the grid but I have just installed a cloaking device a la star wars, so now we're off the radar too. I also told her that composting in only permitted inside the apt due to space considerations.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Here's another winner.

Hello, I saw your apt on cl and really has taken to it i was wandering if i could possibly come buy and give you the application fee and get that process started i would then like to know if I could possibly give you some money to hold this, well first heres some info about me

My name is t******* I am 23 yrs old and currently started school at pcc for digital photography I am a art major, im single and this is perfect for me i have no kids but come from a big family I have had ruff times and is now getting everything straightened out all i really need is a place for my own I currently live with my aunt and 5 other people well it kind is okay because we are all females but then you do have the mood swings

I currently pay her a portion but i make enough money to go out on my own, and its been a struggle but i have hope my schedule consist of:

mon-thur 9am-2pm school
    mon-thur 9pm-2am work
    friday 6pm-10am work
    sat-sun my days/nights

actually one of the biggest delima would be my check stubs because of the work i do I am a dancer have been dancing for some time now have been at my current job for a little over a year and have been on call for another club for about 8 months both places will be more than happy to verify my employment and how long

well i hope you consider me for this apt im in love with it and would really appreciate it my home number is and my cell is please feel free.

sincerly, T

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    my home number is
    *** ***-**** and my cell is ***-***-****

• I am a dancer have been dancing for some time now............been on call for another club .................more than happy to verify my employment ............and how long?

well i hope you consider me for this apt im in love with it and would really appreciate it my home number is *** ***-**** and my cell is ***-***-**** please feel free.

sincerly, T

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Off The Wall > Thriller

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Off The Wall > Thriller

always.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I am a dancer have been dancing for some time now............been on call for another club .................more than happy to verify my employment ............and how long?

well i hope you consider me for this apt im in love with it and would really appreciate it my home number is *** ***-**** and my cell is ***-***-**** please feel free.

sincerly, T

Ditto, let the strippers move in. Rent gets tight, they could always work it off.

Speaking of indoor growing operations, last year my wife sold a rental property for a friend. During the inspection the inspector discovered a hidden grow room in the basement. The exhaust from the gas furnace had been redirected into the room to help the plants grow. People in the house had been ingesting mad amounts of co2. I just have to wonder how the fuck someone builds a room in a house and the landlord doesn't find it. I suppose big city people don't ever see their landlord but not here.

I'm surprised how infrequently I see my landlord. If I was renting property I'd inspect it at least every 6 months.

Here's another winner.

Hello, I saw your apt on cl and really has taken to it i was wandering if i could possibly come buy and give you the application fee and get that process started i would then like to know if I could possibly give you some money to hold this, well first heres some info about me

My name is t******* I am 23 yrs old and currently started school at pcc for digital photography I am a art major, im single and this is perfect for me i have no kids but come from a big family I have had ruff times and is now getting everything straightened out all i really need is a place for my own I currently live with my aunt and 5 other people well it kind is okay because we are all females but then you do have the mood swings

I currently pay her a portion but i make enough money to go out on my own, and its been a struggle but i have hope my schedule consist of:

mon-thur 9am-2pm school
    mon-thur 9pm-2am work
    friday 6pm-10am work
    sat-sun my days/nights

actually one of the biggest delima would be my check stubs because of the work i do I am a dancer have been dancing for some time now have been at my current job for a little over a year and have been on call for another club for about 8 months both places will be more than happy to verify my employment and how long

well i hope you consider me for this apt im in love with it and would really appreciate it my home number is and my cell is please feel free.

sincerly, T

Too much information. Why do people in fucked up circumstances always over explain themselves?

• Too much information. Why do people in fucked up circumstances always over explain themselves?

I've noticed that, too. My at-risk students are usually guilty of this. What a weird phenomenon.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Too much information. Why do people in fucked up circumstances always over explain themselves?

I've noticed that, too. My at-risk students are usually guilty of this. What a weird phenomenon.

maybe they have no one else to tell.

• Too much information. Why do people in fucked up circumstances always over explain themselves?

maybe they have no one else to tell.

Yeah, there's definitely a level of comfort my students feel with me, which I sometimes wish was not there.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Yeah, there's definitely a level of comfort my students feel with me, which I sometimes wish was not there.

A student in a lab i did last year told me within the first five sentences of meeting her that her psychiatrist told her not to drink coffee so she could stop smoking so she could stop taking valium and get off the other meds which she takes because she used to be a stripper. Not that you could tell from her body. She actually added that last part. All while standing inside my personal space. Bleh, I get chills thinking about it even now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I got a couple of vacancies coming up at the end of the month. Bring on the weirdos, the strippers, the feeble of mind.

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

your house is powered by weed?