What happened to Remy Shand?

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Dude released a great album in 2002 (I'm sure some folls on here will debate this being a great album, but I really liked it). Grammy nominations, Juno award, on Motown, toured Europe, announced plans for a second album and now six years later this guy is all the way off the radar. Nothing. Websites not updated, no info. at all. Does anyone know what happened to dude? Is he strung out on dope? Did he get locked up? Get religious? Anyone here on the board from Winnepeg Canada? Maybe you've seen him around up there?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Timberlake stole his quasi-kuficulous swagger.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I love that 2002 LP and it's been in my regular car listening rotation for the last 8 months.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I love that 2002 LP and it's been in my regular car listening rotation for the last 8 months.

I'm sayin'! Great album. Who does not like the album?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I'm sayin'! Great album. Who does not like the album?

It's been a while since I've listened to it, but I remember liking it a lot. I'll give it a spin again at work tommorow. I've been wondering what happened to that guy too.

• i didn't like it. thought dude was tryin too hard.

• changed his name. now goes by "Robin Thicke"

• changed his name. now goes by "Robin Thicke"
    yeah Robin Thicke stole his supposedly success.
    Remy Shand I think got dropped. the label he's on is a mess right now, hell the label has been on the downturn for years. wasn't it motown!

• i didn't like it. thought dude was tryin too hard.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i didn't like it. thought dude was tryin too hard.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    Dude released a great album in 2002

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Isn't he working on a duet with Maxwell?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

all this talk about remy where the hell is maxwell and while we're talking about this did D'angelo get off the sniff?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

all this talk about remy where the hell is maxwell and while we're talking about this did D'angelo get off the sniff?

I thought I read something about Maxwell working on a two or three disc album or something crazy like that. I don't really care though. Unless Maxwell is working with Stuart Matthewmann, I'm not checking for his new music. D'Angelo is still M.I.A.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

I thought I read something about Maxwell working on a two or three disc album or something crazy like that.

Double or triple albums are not a good thing... too many songs...