Ice T just turned 50.

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I am having a hard time processing this information. I mean, yes, I remember hearing "Six In The Mornin'" around 1987, which was (gulp) 21 years ago, but still.Fifty? For the record, I hope y'all realize that I'm too old myself for this to be considered hating by any stretch. If anything, I'm impressed.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I would have guessed 62.

Seriously, though - I was 16 when Rhyme Pays came out,
    over 20 years ago - and back then I thought he was 40.
    If you believe the story he tells on that record, he had
    to be, right?

• That's a good point. My wife asked an interesting question.... If we take the song's timeline at face value, then he got out in '86 or '87 after a 7-year bid. In the beginning, he says that he didn't have time to grab his "old school tape." So by "old school," does he mean old school for 1980? If so, what was on THAT tape? War? Marvin? Sly Stone?

• Ice-t really didn't make it big in his career unitl he hit 27 or 28. But yeah he was 30 when he put out POWER in 88. So that man is 50.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    That's a good point. My wife asked an interesting question.... If we take the song's timeline at face value, then he got out in '86 or '87 after a 7-year bid. In the beginning, he says that he didn't have time to grab his "old school tape." So by "old school," does he mean old school for 1980? If so, what was on THAT tape? War? Marvin? Sly Stone?

Actually, a lot of older black folks (like Ice-T's age) call exactly that type of music "old school". Basically, anything R&B or Soul pre drum machines and hip-hop.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That's officially OLD.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    '84 doesn't seem 24 years ago, but...

• That's a good point. My wife asked an interesting question.... If we take the song's timeline at face value, then he got out in '86 or '87 after a 7-year bid. In the beginning, he says that he didn't have time to grab his "old school tape." So by "old school," does he mean old school for 1980? If so, what was on THAT tape? War? Marvin? Sly Stone?

what 7 year bid is this? was he on work release to shoot his scenes in "breakin" in 83/84?

• man ice-t was a pimp. he said the reason he appeared in the movie breakin' was because they paid a little money but his whole thing was being a hustler. And rappin' is something he did to pull women. It all came from the iceberg books he read.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Egyptian Lover, Chris The Glove and Ice T in 1983.

Somebody posted some other parts from this TV special a while back, but I can't seem to find it on youtube now.

• man ice-t was a pimp. he said the reason he appeared in the movie breakin' was because they paid a little money but his whole thing was being a hustler. And rappin' is something he did to pull women. It all came from the iceberg books he read.

word, i remember from some interview he would quote iceburg slim. he said cats called him T cause his name is tracy and they'd say "let's hear more of that ice, t..."

• He used to breakdance on hollywood blvd.

• Wonder how old his wife is.

I'm pretty sure he bressess get yearly updates.

I'm pretty sure he bressess get yearly updates.

Maybe on his b-day?..Happy birthday Ice!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    His first bird was hotter. By "Hotter", I mean not an animated waxwork.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    His first bird was hotter. By "Hotter", I mean not an animated waxwork.

Yes, but i think its charming how he still shows her off like shes some amazing sex godess. they look happy.

Ice-T is a legend.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I always thought Ice T would make a good, non-president.

• what a long way he's come from this. cosign on the first wife being hotter. his new wife reminds me of the lady who changed her face to look like a cat.