Frickin' CoWorker (DeLa/Stakes Is... related)

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Didn't Crink used to dress up as one of these?

• Agreed, Day- this was the perfect direction for my rant. I've moved on.

What the fuck is this??

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Agreed, Day- this was the perfect direction for my rant. I've moved on.

What the fuck is this??

ipecac for the eyes.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Agreed, Day- this was the perfect direction for my rant. I've moved on.

What the fuck is this??

Some kind of water beetle with eggs on its back. I think.

I've posted this before, but I'll do it again because it's really that fucked up. Coconut crab you can run from because its like eyore trying to sneak up on you, but one of these would be an inconspicuous guest under your sheets or in a shoe:

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Today I ran down the hall at work after seeing a 2-inch roach in the bathroom.

Now I am going to have crab nightmares.

THANKS!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When my mom was a kid growing up in Panama, one of these flew into her house and bit a chunk out of her forehead:

It's a rhinoceros beetle and do notice that it has FUR. My grandpa used to climb up street lights to capture them, then embalm them and make glass display cases with the beetles in action poses. I grew up with one on display in my room. My friends in New Orleans would freak when they'd see it, fur and all. I hope my uncle still has my grandpa's main display case that had all of his craziest specimens, and not just rhinoceros beetles...but all types of jungle bugs. Grandpa used to hire Indians to take him on weeklong treks by foot and canoe through the thickest of Panamanian interior. My grandpa died in 1974 and around 1987 my grandma broke out super 8 films of some of his adventures. Apparently he took thousands of photos of all of the unique fauna in the jungle. I really wish someone would break all of that old shit out again. Honestly, I should contact a lawyer to somehow figure out a way for me to rightly take ownership of it all from that now-crazy wing of my family.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    when you say "chunk" you mean ... ?

do I want to know the answer?

Oh yeah...gawd, how I hate Stakes Is High. What a bunch of self-righteous assholes that album gave the confidence to open their un-original, what-should-we-say-next-Pos pie-holes. They're definitely still around too, all just begging to be destroyed.

when you say "chunk" you mean ... ?

do I want to know the answer?

Think stitches.

• At least dude isn't power-riding for Deltron or Dr. Octagon or something...it really could be worse.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    That crab shit ain't nuthin'

This shit would freak me out. Watch the whole video. Shit is CRAZY. At 1:30 it get's Frickin' outta control! Who's been to Christmas Island???

Christmas Island Red Crabs - Watch today???s top amazing videos here

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

My grandpa used to climb up street lights to capture them, then embalm them and make glass display cases with the beetles in action poses.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

This shit would freak me out. Watch the whole video. Shit is CRAZY. At 1:30 it get's Frickin' outta control! Who's been to Christmas Island???

Holy shit. 100,000 babies PER FEMALE? Seeing that city of tiny crabs bugged me out. I could never live there.

BACK UP OFFA ME!

I can't wait for MaDamn to enter this thread.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

PETA's gonna have to get up on the drivers smushing all those crabs on the road.

"During the migration, the crabs cover the routes to the coast so densely that they can be seen from the air. Volunteers shovel the crabs off the roads and, although no harm is intended, some of the countless millions of crabs inevitably get injured"

b/w

Christmas Island crab cook-offs must be deeeeeelicious. I can imagine making a tasty little crab roll with a big spoon full of fried baby red crabs. Yum.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'm staying out of this. In fact, after seeing some of the monsters poasted in this thread, I am staying the fuck out of this.