J-Rocc - Thank You Jay Dee (part3)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I adored this artist and still mourn his passingJ-Rocc's mixes are not only strong and versatile but they are a fitting tribute to Dilla's dense body of workI am putting this up because i had difficulty streaming the podcasts but you can find it at stonesthrow.com Thank you JayDee RIP

Comments

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Would it not have been so much better with out the audio watermark on literally every blend...?

Jus'sayin'.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Would it not have been so much better with out the audio watermark on literally every blend...?

Jus'sayin'.

The official podcast .mp3 is clean. Not sure what the watermark business is.

Volume 3 is my favorite of the bunch. Mad kinds of flavors.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/jukebox/

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    he sure does some amazing stuff with filtering and whatnot on this mix. did he have access to dillas "sessions" or something, cause the way some of the blends are done it sounds like he isolates sapmles annd stuff?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    he sure does some amazing stuff with filtering and whatnot on this mix. did he have access to dillas "sessions" or something, cause the way some of the blends are done it sounds like he isolates sapmles annd stuff?

I was wondering that, too. One track he took the drums out of completely with just the vocals and sample rocking.

• Im pretty sure he has access to the ruff draft masters

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts

Jus'sayin'.

The official podcast .mp3 is clean. Not sure what the watermark business is.

Sorry,
    skim reading error.
    comment referred to Vol. 1
    "Make 'em clap to this... To show your appreciation for your support... Thank you Jay D"

• Im pretty sure he has access to the ruff draft masters

protool sessions for all of dillas work.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Im pretty sure he has access to the ruff draft masters

protool sessions for all of dillas work.

• Yup, I never knew everything he said in the chorus No $ No Toke, now I do because of the pro tools sessions i guess.