The Grammys Poast

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
2 things:- Rhianna + The Time = Yes Plaese- Kanye "... and to my Mama - it would be in good taste to stop the music right now - yeah, to my Mama..."

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He had a right to be BS. It was like they were scurred he
    was gonna say some crazy shit so they started the chaser
    music early ... George Martin and Ringo got like twice
    as long for that LOVE bullshit that blows goats.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I didn't realize that Aretha got that big.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    fuck the grammys

• I didn't realize that Aretha got that big.

Oh yes my dude. And she STAYS wearing some ill-fitting schitt.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Has Amy Winehouse melted down yet? I don't have television, but loose cannons on live TV can be tremendously entertaining.

this shit is next level bad

makes me feel embarassed to be a human being

• I will never understand the love given to Beyonce -- listing all of those greats while lip-syncing? Then her soulless performance with Tina?

It seems Feist can't sound good without a production team behind her.

Kanye is still unbearable to listen to.

ringo has a twin>??
    and why do they set a keyboard upstage so alicia can play two notes?

• Gershwin and Hancock followed by Taylor Swift, Akon, and Rihanna.

Perspective.

you sound old

• So, to you, Swift, Akon, and Rihanna are on the same level as Hancock and Gershwin?

I just don't worry about it. I'm not old n' cranky.

• Who says I'm worried about it? I was only marveling over the difference in talent between those artists.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I will never understand the love given to Beyonce -- listing all of those greats while lip-syncing? Then her soulless performance with Tina?

I have a lot of respect for Beyonce, she is as pro as the grow 'em these days. I will never call her the best singer on earth, but she can at least carry a tune and dance her ass off. Didn't see her deal tonight, but the wife said it was all pretty

My wife said Winehouse looked starved, but sounded OK. How bad was she?

• I will never understand the love given to Beyonce -- listing all of those greats while lip-syncing? Then her soulless performance with Tina?

I have a lot of respect for Beyonce, she is as pro as the grow 'em these days. I will never call her the best singer on earth, but she can at least carry a tune and dance her ass off. Didn't see her deal tonight, but the wife said it was all pretty

Yeah, I'll give credit to Beyonce's dancing.

Winehouse wasn't bad but wasn't spectacular for being the winner of "Record of the Year."

that jay leno?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    they just fucked up the time's performance with rhianna.

I thought Winehouse did pretty well considering I've never seen her perform where she didn't look scared shitless.

Jerry Lee Lewis looks like 100 years old. Little Richard on the other hand tore it the fuck up. My hero!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    they just fucked up the time's performance with rhianna.

That sucks! The Time are usually awesome live.

• Awwww fuck... Will.I.Am "rapping" over the Theme from a Summer Place. Someone find him a job, plaese...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    Has Amy Winehouse melted down yet? I don't have television, but loose cannons on live TV can be tremendously entertaining.

There's a highlights package on UK TV tonight, but there were a few clips of her acceptance speech on the BBC news this morning - "Camden TAAAAHHHNN ain't burnin' DAAAAAHHHNNN!!" - and she's looking a lot healthier than she's looked for a long time.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: Common featuring Kanye West - Southside.

wrong.

Based both on merit and emotional appropriateness, there was a clear choice to win this award last night. And not surprisingly, the Grammy's picked the wrong song.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: Common featuring Kanye West - Southside.

wrong.

Based both on merit and emotional appropriateness, there was a clear choice to win this award last night. And not surprisingly, the Grammy's picked the wrong song.

Amen.

• this one a grammy

For art direction!

• could give a fuck about the usually shitty performances on the Grammys...but i aint mad, willie mitchell got his! finally somone WAY overdo and deserving!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The intro to the Tina/Beyonce performances was horrible, just horrible. I put it on mute it was so horrible.I just stared at her thighs until it stopped. Tina was so stiff and awkward for the first little bit, but was pretty much on it once she warmed up. Beyonce should stick to what she does best and rough and raw is not it.

I liked the horns for the Foo Fighters, I liked the drummer for the Foo Fighters, but I do not like the Foo Fighters.

I liked the horns for the gospel portion of the show.

The Beatles thing was embarassingly bad. Here's an idea - for Let It Be they should have shut the backdrop off and let those people sing and let the words speak for themselves. I'm pretty sure it would have been, how do you say?...more powerful.

Feist's perfomance is the best example why of she leaves me cold. But great necklace.

Carole King looked GREAT!

I don't think there was a best dress within six miles of that place.

• How do they have Tina Turner performing Proud Mary and no mention of Ike until the dead-guy slide show.

• I just stared at her thighs

Uh, me too...