Have you ever heard about Korea music ?

dial9dial9 10 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I'd released compilation album about Korea music year agobut only 50 copys pressed at that time.This album treats band of Korea during 70's.Few years ago, Sanulim, Korea rock band, was reissued their album in Europe,and then I think some collectors may already know about part of koreanmusician like Shin Jung-Hyun of He 6, Black Butterfly, Kim Jung-Mi, and..I'd selected more unknown musician than them and just wanted to introducethe behind of Korea music scene to Korean people at that moment.only 50 copys !! damn!Though a little too late I've decided to share some track of this album with you.enjoy!
Jung Min-Sub Band - the explosion before 1 second !
Unknown - Boating (Originally, Korea folk song)compiled by dj puzzle mastercover designed by Jo Ah-Hyunghttp://myspace.com/dial9prodhttp://mixture.kr

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Sanulim was definitely fresh. Had a few of their records. I have a few Korean records. Some pop stuff, but a lot of rock stuff too. Most sounded fairly decent too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    A friend of mine used to sample some nice drum sounds off Korean Folk tunes. Havent heard any contmpory stuff from there. cheers for the info. will go check it.

yo you got anymore titles/artist/labels one should check for (on a rock/funk/jazz) tip?

the stuff you posted is fresh indeed. Was there much cross pollinisation/exchange between korean and american musicians during the korea war? Love the bass on the second track.

props.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    What I want to know is this...at the end of almost every Korean LP I've had, on the last track there's usually a song that's done by someone else and it almost sounds like an anthem / political song. Anyone know what it is? I'll see if I can pull some examples tonight.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    What I want to know is this...at the end of almost every Korean LP I've had, on the last track there's usually a song that's done by someone else and it almost sounds like an anthem / political song. Anyone know what it is? I'll see if I can pull some examples tonight.

theme from "to kill the commies"

it was ghost written by a propoganda writer from the cia in the late 1950s

• i got a handful of korean boogie and disco records

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Can anyone explain this one or upload some examples?

• ddownddown 65 Posts
    I think that "anthem" you're talking about was on records in the 60s-70s when the korean gov was more authoritarian. I think that mostly died out by the 80s. I have a bunch of korean records from the early 90s and none of them have that.

Does anyone have a link/mp3 of it?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't have many korean records so I don't know, but I would imagine if its the same song on every record then its probably the national anthem. You could do a google search and look for "korean national anthem" and see if thats the song.

• maybe it's "arirang?" that's one of the most ubiquitous korean folk songs around.

• "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaariiiiiiiiiiiiiirang"