Anyone got a Studio Apartment

2»

Comments

• Do you smoke cigarretes or a lot of your buddies consume ?
    If so, sooner or later you??ll hate that your clothes smell like bullsh*t.
    a bedroom is

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I was seriously thinking about moving into a studio apartment but after I looked at the 1 bedroom apt., which costs $300 more than the studio, 1 bed apt. it is.
    Even though I'm rarely home, it's nice to come back to something that feels cozy at the end of the day. Studio apartments don't make me feel that way. In fact, it makes me feel cramped.

Rent in NYC/NYC metro area=

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I lived in a a few studio apartments back in the 90s in Minneapolis, all Uptown or between Uptown and Downtown. 2 of them were houses that had split every room off into 'apartments', one of which was more like a one bedroom, but I had to share a bathroom with the other guy on the top floor. That place was great because it was more like 2 small rooms, so I actually felt like I had a bedroom. The other place was close to the Walker Art Museum and was an old classy building with a dry cleaners and a high end antique business on the ground floor. That was the smallest main room, but the funny thing about it was that the bathroom was almost 3/4 as big as the main living area! It was enormous! What a waste of space. But I loved that spot, man, high cielings are the key to studio apt living. If you have those, you will be fine. Of course at the time ('92 or so)I had only a crate or 2 of LPs and a shitload of CDs, a tiny tv and a single bed, and the last apt topped out at $275 a month, which was living pretty large for me back then.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so i just got back from checking the place out.
    first thing the guy says is "so, youre pretty hard up, huh?"
    thats when i knew i may as well get right back in my car and leave. but i figured i was there, ill just take a peek.
    the room was smaller than my bedroom now. halfway into the room was the linoleum floor with the kitchenette. so small and depressing. it smelled like a house from the 1700s. i said thank you. we apologized for wasting each others time and that was that.

next spot on to the next spot on to the next spot on to the next.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    we apologized for wasting each others time

HA! Nice phrasing. It sounds like high school dry-hump remorse.

• we apologized for wasting each others time

• When I lived in my studio the people on the other side moved out and I had to interview people to fill that space. It was the funniest shit ever. It felt so nice to be on the interviewing side instead of the "I need a place side."

This dirty hippy dude came and saw my pile of shoes near the door and thought he had to take his shoes off. He was wearing sandals and he took them off and it looked like they were still on. his feet were so dirty that he had a dirt/tan line where the sandals were. He looked in the kitchen and started talking to me about dinner parties and actually started demonstrating where he would chop things. I can't remember the actual quotes, but I laughed for days after he left.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

just glad i dont have to see him in homeroom monday morning.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    A few years ago there was a terrible vacancy rate in Toronto, like line-ups around the corner to look at the same place and don't you know, my roommate and I had to move. One of the places I was shown was advertised as a two bedroom and when I got there, the assh*le stood there with a straight face trying to tell me that a closet they had changed the door on, removed the pole from and laid carpet in was a bedroom! The closet/bedroom the room was in was supposed to be a living room and this bedroom was "off the living room". No.

• A few years ago there was a terrible vacancy rate in Toronto, like line-ups around the corner to look at the same place and don't you know, my roommate and I had to move. One of the places I was shown was advertised as a two bedroom and when I got there, the assh*le stood there with a straight face trying to tell me that a closet they had changed the door on, removed the pole from and laid carpet in was a bedroom! The closet/bedroom the room was in was supposed to be a living room and this bedroom was "off the living room". No.

Have you ever seen 'Twitch City'?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

just glad i dont have to see him in homeroom monday morning.