Vinyl Junkie Video

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Was on a message board today and came across this:http://www.subterrafilms.com/vinyljunky.htmlI remember they came to my place years ago but never realized they finished this up! it's about Sureshot but I'm in it as well.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Blazin!

Hi Shane

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Was on a message board today and came across this:

http://www.subterrafilms.com/vinyljunky.html

I remember they came to my place years ago but never realized they finished this up!
    it's about Sureshot but I'm in it as well.

That was dope. You guys kicked the truth and said what alot of us are feeling. Thanks for posting that up.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That was a real nice short piece.

• I enjoyed that. Besides having cool content it was put together really well. it flowed nicely and was so much more entertaining than your average "digger" type thing that is just a (buzzing audio) shot of some dude in his studio.

thanks for posting it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    doesn't own a cd player????

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

I really enjoyed that.

i really like the way it was shot.

And, as always, you were cool as ice.

• eames chair

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I enjoyed that. Besides having cool content it was put together really well. it flowed nicely and was so much more entertaining than your average "digger" type thing that is just a (buzzing audio) shot of some dude in his studio.

thanks for posting it.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

I really enjoyed that.

i really like the way it was shot.

And, as always, you were cool as ice.

hey i just saw that image the other day in my internet travels...that's some ink display!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Is Shane on here??

If so you need to come back down to Tejas for a beer or two.

• these two savages have been the biggest of inspirations to me over the years...
    totes hilarious and super real...

*here's one of shot and noel ellis from last year in toronto recording a track at psych ward recording studio on st. clair (w/ I&I region's bernie pitters and the flames' glenn ricketts)...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Cool vid Preme!
    Shot deserves some shine for sure, best collection I've seen in person (besides yours of course).
    That footage takes me back, seems like it was just yesterday, when I'd drop by
    the Conception office to hang out, buy your doubles, or fill out some customs forms.

• serious shit!

damn...i really appreciate the sharpshooters material, super reggae breaks and the other comps, conmen cds,etc.
    yall really turned me on to some great music

thanks,peace

• bump. think this thread deserves a little more shine...

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    that video is great
    but
    not enough sureshot dance moves

dood can cut the rug

• DOPE

i'm still kicking myself that i didn't buy more of those sealed mulatus from craig back in the day... sheeeeeeeit, $20-$30 was a lot of money back then!

• phill, you forgot

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    DOPE

i'm still kicking myself that i didn't buy more of those sealed mulatus from craig back in the day... sheeeeeeeit, $20-$30 was a lot of money back then!

I'll say! Shit to be honest I was hesitant to buy one copy at $20!!!!! Real talk. I let sureshot buy one then when I heard it I buy like two or three and thought that was a ton of money at the time. $60 for three sealed og copies of Mulatu. Lol......

• Haha, Shane is the dude. I miss hanging out with him and Cpeetz back in the day, good times.

He turned me on to so much good music, hard to think what I might be listening to now had I not been schooled by him. Taught me a lot about digging and what to look out for.

When was this video made?

• YES! Shane is that dude. I just saw him two weeks ago, he was visiting S.F. Super cool dude and has one of the ILLEST apartment I've ever seen. Real dope furniture and and art.

• and seeing that video kind of bummed me out. that record store is probally barely hanging out, cats aren't open to old music as much, and no one uses vinyl EVER.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Haha, Shane is the dude. I miss hanging out with him and Cpeetz back in the day, good times.

He turned me on to so much good music, hard to think what I might be listening to now had I not been schooled by him. Taught me a lot about digging and what to look out for.

Cosign.
    I miss the guy too.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    does the shot of "guy standing still on street corner while passers-by are sped up" have to be in every independent documentary? shit was played like 10 years ago. other than that, looks good.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Nice one Dee. Wish it was longer.
    On a side note... u be in Vegas around the 11th - 14th?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Vegas isn't locked in as of yet and is a maybe but March 24th I land in Miami!

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Great video. The background music is too dope. Where can I find some Sharpshooters stuff?

• Where can I find some Sharpshooters stuff?

killer album here...

http://www.lightintheattic.net/releases/sharpshooters/twiceasnice.php

• I posted this on a few other boards I'm on a few days ago, hope you don't mind. Hav e to show respect to some of the best.

One day I'll learn how to make that Lotto money too.