Lunch Strut

2»

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    zapp's salt & vinegar

I wish there were Zapp's in CA. And Barq's Red Drink.

• zapp's salt & vinegar

I wish there were Zapp's in CA. And Barq's Red Drink.

Yeah, Zapp's are pretty unfadeable.

• I over did it holmes.....

Fried Chicken
    Boiled Chicken
    Corn Pudding
    Mashed Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Squash Casserole
    Green Beans
    Biscuits
    Strawberry Shortcake

and Nashville staple Monell's.

I take every visitor to my city to this spot and cuz I have people from NYC in town....

• I over did it holmes.....

Fried Chicken
    Boiled Chicken
    Corn Pudding
    Mashed Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Squash Casserole
    Green Beans
    Biscuits
    Strawberry Shortcake

and Nashville staple Monell's.

I take every visitor to my city to this spot and cuz I have people from NYC in town....

Man, you are so serious about your grubbin'. I respect that.

• Man, you are so serious about your grubbin'. I respect that.

It's a battle of the bulge to keep myself from turning into Ralpie May, but I love tha grub!!! I still talk about that meal I had in Austin at Ichi not to mention them gingerbread pancakes I copped with G*#e.

I was in Toledo this past weekend and caught some serious meatloaf (no ayo) at this spot called Schmuckers

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Home with a hellacious cold eating Hot & Sour soup with mushrooms.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

and i added pancetta. with some baguette. mmmm

• im trying to lose 30 lbs in the next 5 months.

You should try and stop eating so much dick.

• autoauto 198 Posts

that looks nasty

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chicken Shwarma with salad and hummus from Droubi's in the park shops downtown.

Which Cajun spot did you go to Pointman? Since I moved on the NW side I haven't been able to find a good one around there. I used to live off San Felipe and I'd go to Ragin Cajun on Richmond near Newcastle alot..

Dude I didn't even know there was a Droubi's in the Park Shops! I'm gonna have to start visiting that on the regular.

The Cajun spot I hit is Zydeco Louisiana Diner (1119 Pease) at the corner of something, San Jacinto I think. Decent gumbo, killer crawfish picante when they have it on special. I think it's a lunch only spot.

There's another mediterranean spot that reminds me of DiMassi's in there too. No more than 100 years from each other. Droubi's in the park shops is cool for lighter foods, falafel, shwarma, etc... But if you want a something more substantial, check out the other spot. I can remember the name for some reason...

You know there's a Ragin Cajun in the tunnels right?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

that looks nasty

really? do you know what it is??

here maybe this more up your league:

i tell you, fools, fools up in here!!!!!

that looks nasty

really? do you know what it is??

here maybe this more up your league:

i tell you, fools, fools up in here!!!!!

Isn't pancetta basically bacon?

The cheeseburger and pancetta aren't that far apart then...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Ok, what am I missing? What is pancetta?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Ok, what am I missing? What is pancetta?

well, its not the same as a cheeseburger;)

and our trusty friend wiki says:
    is an Italian cured meat similar to American bacon. It is pork that has been salt cured, salted and spiced (nutmeg, pepper, fennel, dried ground hot peppers and garlic are often featured), and dried for about three months (but usually not smoked). There are many varieties, and each part of Italy produces its own type. In Corsica, it is considered a regional flavour.

Pancetta can be rolled (the most common type available outside of Italy, see photograph), or straight (with all the fat on one side). The straight variety is more common in Italy than elsewhere, especially where home-made pancetta is still produced.

When served on its own, the rolled pancetta is presented in very thin slices. More often it is used to flavour other dishes, especially pasta sauces. Recipes such as all???amatriciana often contain pancetta as a substitute for guanciale, which is much more difficult to find outside of Italy.

In the United Kingdom, Pancetta is more commonly sold as packs of cubed belly (rather than rolled). It has recently gained in popularity, to the point where it is now frequently available in supermarkets.

• though I'd never order this, I'm very interested in going to this place. I've had the ice cream that this place serves (it's from the Penn St. AG Dept.) and it's yummy.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

though I'd never order this, I'm very interested in going to this place. I've had the ice cream that this place serves (it's from the Penn St. AG Dept.) and it's yummy.

i'll tell em to hold the mayo, and put the pickles on the side

• i'll tell em to hold the mayo, and put the pickles on the side

though I'd go sans pickles all together.

What up E!!!!!