Songs stuck in my head...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Plaese to make them stop. Most recently it's been that frickin T-Pain chorus from Flo-Rida's Low...over and over and over again. Before that it was Keke's I'm a G...a song I geniunely like a lot at least, but still. Before that, it was Pop Bottles and before that, it was Hood Figga. I simply have to stop exposing my ears to these kinds of songs because they are killing my still morning moments, which are brief enough to begin with. Then again, my daughter wants me to play Billie Holiday's Solitude every morining on the way to her school...which on one hand is great, but on the other keeps me basically haunted with the lyrics echoing in my head at times when I'd rather enjoy some inner silence. Anybody else suffering from this?

Comments

• BAGGIE SWEAT PANTS AND THE REEBOKS WITH THE STRAP
    SHE TURNED AROUND AND GAVE THAT BIG BOOTY A SLAP

• i caught myself singing that new Ray-J song in my head throughout the day. I've only heard it a few times, but it got in there like a plague.

I also sang that Britney "you want a piece of me" song in my head one day. I don't know why, but I couldn't get those songs to get out of my head. It wasn't even like I was interested in the songs, they just crept into my mind.

sometimes I'll get a word stuck in my head or a person's name. If it's a strange name or a strange word I'll just keep running it through my mind at the most random times, like I'm doing some sort of "Fitsnooski, Fitsnooski, Fitsnooski" in my head and my brains like "that's a weird word, let's practice." Ha ha.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    BAGGIE SWEAT PANTS AND THE REEBOKS WITH THE STRAP
    SHE TURNED AROUND AND GAVE THAT BIG BOOTY A SLAP

It's been pure torture[/b], I tell ya.

• my girlfriend said "it's Flo Rida, like Florida?" and that was the first time I realized his name was Florida.

Dude's voice does not match his appearance at all.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    "Sensual Seduction" all day for me.

• "Sensual Seduction" all day for me.

cuz that track is like 75% talk box/vocoder/autotune chorus and 25% verse

• "Sensual Seduction" all day for me.

This, I am happy about.

"Smoke us a cigarette, and go back to sleep, sleep sleeeeeeeep"

• "get like me"

• I also sang that Britney "you want a piece of me" song in my head one day. I don't know why, but I couldn't get those songs to get out of my head. It wasn't even like I was interested in the songs, they just crept into my mind.

That song was stuck in my head for days after I got back from Italy. It did not help that I was severely jetlagged. It was brutal to wake up at 3am, unable to go back to sleep, and all that's going through my head is, "I'm Mrs. Oh-That-Britney-She's-So-Shameless...."

I'll sometimes get a lyric stuck in my head, but without the accompanying melody. Just the words themselves. Then I spend all day trying to figure out what song it's from. Just me?

• all that's going through my head is, "I'm Mrs. Oh-That-Britney-She's-So-Shameless...."

delicious.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    All together now:

"Comin' dahn wreckin' sittin' fat on chrome
    Yella' bones playin' on my cellular phone
    Playa hatin' bustas get two to the dome
    And crooked ass laws won't leave me alone"

• unfortunately, i had "Big Bottoms" from Spinal Tap the movie stuck in my head for at least two weeks.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

sometimes I'll get a word stuck in my head or a person's name. If it's a strange name or a strange word I'll just keep running it through my mind at the most random times, like I'm doing some sort of "Fitsnooski, Fitsnooski, Fitsnooski" in my head and my brains like "that's a weird word, let's practice." Ha ha.

You sound like George Costanza

• What I got is what you need (I think thats the title) by Unique at the moment.

• You sound like George Costanza

Coooooooohhhh-stanza!

Believe it or not, George is not home.

I think I was misleading. I don't repeat the word rapidly a la george/larry david. It's more casual.