Hey Reynaldo

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
What do you expect to gain by incessantly portraying yourself as Bill O'Reilly in regards to anything rap-related? It doesn't even come across as an act.

Comments

• dextahdextah 77 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    his knowledge on latin music

Buy the same 15 records over and over again....and then again in VG- 45 format.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    With so many records out there, sometimes it can be difficult to sift through the crap and find the ones that will stir your emotions, hold your attention from beginning to end, and make you proud to own. What can one do to find those special records containing that type of music, you ask? Well, you could browse amazon.com???s music section and check out the sound clips, but with millions of releases out there, that method of finding good music is much too random and extremely time-consuming.

You could also make a trip to a record store and spend a hour or more looking through thousands of records, which is fun sometimes???especially when you find good records for cheap???but can still be hit or miss. You could even join a message board for record collectors???at like, say, soul strut.com???and bluntly ask to be informed, but who knows if the information you are getting is the straight dope or an inside joke (it???s probably the former, but still).

I personally use all of the aforementioned methods of finding good records and information, but in recent years, as I???ve had less time to waste and more money to spend, what I???ve gravitated towards and found especially valuable in my never-ending search, are the websites popsike???which tracks ended eBay auctions???and HYP Records???which is a guide that rates and lists records by genre. I visit those two sites hundreds of times a day to find information about the ???value??? and 'musical quality' of records I might be interested in buying.

With this guide, I hope to create a singular resource that combines the essential functions of sites like popsike.com and HYP Records, and which can serve as a highly dependable buying guide for up-and-coming collectors. The information I provide is basic: a rating on the scale of 1 to 10, artist name, album title, record label, and the general amount I would pay to acquire the record on eBay or in a store.

It is my belief that a relatively small amount of information from a trusted source is all one needs to make a sensible decision on which records to add to their collection.

Feel free to print this list out, hang it on your wall, and start checking records off as you acquire them. But make sure to check back here from time to time, because I will make periodic and important updates to ???the list.??? Good luck!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    the manager in my building is named Reynaldo too and he is a complete asshole. Is that related??

i strongly disagree with many of his ratings on that list

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    i strongly disagree with many of his ratings on that list

So does he. This month.

• Seems like when record day rolled around and he posted 3 gajillion albums of MP3 everyone was lapping at his johnson. 15 albums again and again? really?

why such bitterness?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Self-entertainment (and the attendant dopamine stimulation)(Read: Knee-slapping fun). Rap just happens to be the target because it's such an easy and deserving one.

The only Strutters' existences that matter to me are the ones who have records/music that I (might) like and/or want. Those with little hope of falling into this category are expendable/fodder.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you need a girlfriend man

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    you need a girlfriend man

You are not worthy of a response from Rey.

• Seems like when record day rolled around and he posted 3 gajillion albums of MP3 everyone was lapping at his johnson.
    It is troubling to me that people find giving away other artist's material in bulk an admirable act.

• Seems like when record day rolled around and he posted 3 gajillion albums of MP3 everyone was lapping at his johnson.
    It is troubling to me that people find giving away other artist's material in bulk an admirable act.

Rich guys talwmnbout "free the music"

MOST ALL THEM SHITS WERE RIPPED FROM OG VINYL TOO. I CAN TELL.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    cuz its not an act, guys a fuckin douchebag, only thing i see as an act is his knowledge on latin music, in that aspect dudes a comedian...

damn man why such language

"Rubbing the right people the wrong way for laughs was a major motivation...Please pardon my sense of humor (and selfishness?) but I've gotta be me."

-Reynaldo 2006

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Seems like when record day rolled around and he posted 3 gajillion albums of MP3 everyone was lapping at his johnson.
    I BROUGHT 'EM THAT DOPAMINE RUSH.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    "Rubbing the right people the wrong way for laughs was a major motivation...Please pardon my sense of humor (and selfishness?) but I've gotta be me."

-Reynaldo 2006
    hey it's SS

-Reynaldo 2006
    hey it's SS

I seriously can't think of soulstrut without Rey.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

-Reynaldo 2006
    hey it's SS

I seriously can't think of soulstrut without Rey.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm actually pretty indifferent when it comes to Reynaldo outside of the racist tones his treatment of rap takes on just about a daily basis. Scratch that and he'd be perfectly ignorable.