DC: who is seeing sharon jones tonight

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
@ the black cat, sold out show, and like nu shooz I CANT WAITi'm also hungry, like hungry hippos, Ben's Chili Bowl is calling my name

Comments

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I'll be too busy digging out from the snow (read: working), unfortunately. I was really looking forward to this one. Is Budos band still opening?

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I'll be too busy digging out from the snow (read: working), unfortunately. I was really looking forward to this one. Is Budos band still opening?

Does DC shut down the way Bmore does when the snow falls? We have maybe 1.5 inches on the ground here and shite is getting cancelled right and left.

• Roads are not that bad right now and the temperature is supposed to go up so I don't see any problems. I caught Sharon Jones last time she played the Cat and it was amazing. This show has been sold out for weeks.

If you need a place to go after the show I'm DJing my monthly Brazilian night a few doors down at Cafe Saint-Ex:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/10/AR2008011001412.html

I should add my store in on the block as well (open til 9PM). I do not have any extra passes to the Sharon Jones show.

• where's your store located exactly?

i stopped by your last store but i havn't been to the new one yet, i don't live in the area anymore i just visit from time to time.

and the budos band isn't opening, some world/klezmer group took that slot...i wish it was still budos. this will be my first sharon jones show i'm looking foward to it.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I do not have any extra passes to the Sharon Jones show.

haha, Im assuming you got more calls.
    There is a good chance I'll be stopping by your set at St. Ex later on.
    Until then dood.

• where's your store located exactly?

1843 14th Street NW. About six doors up from the Black Cat.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    anyone goin to the one in charlottesville tomorrow night????

• igboigbo 44 Posts
    i'm going tonight and tomorrow in Charlottesville. Double hit of Sharon