TALKING HEADS

2»

Comments

• this must be the place.

• Devo is another band that can scratch that Talking Heads itch when you're sick of the Talking Heads.

ps ... I really dig TH's live 2LP.

• Talking Heads may be my favorite rock band of all time...

While it's late, Naked is actually one of my favorite records. I think it was the first Talking Heads album I ever bought... probably when I was in 8th or 9th grade.

Some beautiful stuff on here... "The Facts of Life" can bring me to tears when I'm in the right mood.

And from "Speaking In Tongues", "Naive Melody (This Must Be the Place)" is possibly my favorite song of all time... Definitely in my top five. It's beautiful and sad, and makes me feel kind of numb in a good way.

Peace...
    Mimizu

• has nobody mentioned that David Byrne produced the B-52's "Mesopotamia" lp?

Talking Heads pretentious...please...who cares? only pretentious people accuse others of pretentiousness.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    has nobody mentioned that David Byrne produced the B-52's "Mesopotamia" lp?

Talking Heads pretentious...please...who cares? only pretentious people accuse others of pretentiousness.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but from the sound of it, Mesopotamia only highlights the point where Talking Heads and B-52s diverge. It's an ok record, but overall the band sounds kind of stiff and, from the accounts I've read, Byrne and the group didn't gel in the studio.

• holy sheet, does adrian belew tear this up; that was inspirational, thx.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I feel exactly the same way, Edith Head. Good call on that one.

Seriously, I have felt this way since shortly after I was heavy into their early stuff in High School(which for me was '85-'86) and I was impressed with the 'Stop Making Sense' film at the time it came out. At a certain point I burned out, and since then I can only consistently ride for 'The Name of this Band is Talking Heads', which I still think is brilliant.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I think my favorite song on "the name of this......" is building on fire. Anyone have the mp3 of that? I can't find my cassette.