teflon on my chest?

profeignprofeign 145 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
are rappers for real with this shit? teflon is a solid lubricant, usually used because it's pretty nonreactive and is very slippery and is pretty durable. now, rappers have apparently confused "cop-killer" teflon-jacket bullets with _Kevlar_ which is a high-tensile strength aramid fiber used in bulletproof jackets."teflon on my chest" and the like presumably mean "Kevlar on my chest," but having teflon on one's chest would only ensure higher bullet penetration.is this some "not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good" type of shit? or are rappers just, for the most part, morons?or is there some new application of teflon that i don't know about? e.g. Sean John fits that are teflon-coated so that tomato sauce washes away clean? also bloodstains?

Comments

• are rappers for real with this shit? teflon is a solid lubricant, usually used because it's pretty nonreactive and is very slippery and is pretty durable. now, rappers have apparently confused "cop-killer" teflon-jacket bullets with _Kevlar_ which is a high-tensile strength aramid fiber used in bulletproof jackets.

"teflon on my chest" and the like presumably mean "Kevlar on my chest," but having teflon on one's chest would only ensure higher bullet penetration.

is this some "not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good" type of shit? or are rappers just, for the most part, morons?

or is there some new application of teflon that i don't know about? e.g. Sean John fits that are teflon-coated so that tomato sauce washes away clean? also bloodstains?

how is the word used? its probably some reference to the teflon don and shit sliding off him, if its not and meant to be kevlar, then i vote for moron. wouldn't be the first rapper who doesn't know what he's talking about.

neither is jeru the first, but he thought michelangelo painted the "16th" chapel....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Teflon Don Confusion....I blame John Gotti

• since that's a fiddy lyric, he's probably not being facetious

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I think he meant Kevlar. I only say this because I didn't pick up on this discrepancy until it was mentioned.