CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Wu-Tang or NOT Wu-Tang affiliated?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Produced by RNS...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay, Wu-Tang.

• he made "warriorz drum" right? does anybody remember if there was a remix of that track that used the niagra drums? i thought there was, but i may be confusing that track with another early 90's jammy.

dunno bout the wu question..not trying to hijack the thread.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fringe affiliation I think.

I don't know about Niagra drums but I got a version which is half-acapella half him rhyming over Billy Squier Big Beat.

• Fringe affiliation I think.

I don't know about Niagra drums but I got a version which is half-acapella half him rhyming over Billy Squier Big Beat.

i must be trippin..i remember hearing niagra for the first time and thinking thats the drums king just used on "warriorz".oh well...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Fringe affiliation I think.

i must be trippin..i remember hearing niagra for the first time and thinking thats the drums king just used on "warriorz".oh well...

Warrior's Drum had a remix on the album, unsure of Niagara drums.

• loose association at best. I worked promo for Select records when his record came out and then did stuff direct with his label as well. I remember I got him some promo dates in Chicago and addded to the bill for the Wu Tang concert at Operation Push.

-lil trivial info for you: At that show while hanging out beforehand. It's Ghost, Rae, King Just, myself and a bunch of other people. Someone comes running out of the bushes shooting. I remember fools scattering like crazy. I particular remember Raekwon doing a action movie worthy dive behind the van. I was sort of just froze because I didn't see where the shots were coming from and wasn't trying to run into no bullets...ha. Anyway, it all happened real fast and then Ghost was understandly upset and he gave a speech to all the dudes hanging out there saying this ain't no groupie shit and if you gonna hang out all that you better have their back if some shit go down.

There's was already mad tension from that and it was supposed to be a benefit show but somehow it came up because it was sold out and crazy packed that Wu wanted to get paid. Then just all that bad energy was in the room. When WU go on stage something happens and they end up fighting someone in the crowd from the stage. Mic stands are flying of stage...chairs are flying on stage. This happens right about midnight and it goes to a full scale frenzy with people trying to run out and just chaos. There is hired secured guards who were paid to work unti midnight. Do you believe at midnight at the height of all this they are like aight it's midnight we out...ha. People are trying to breakdown the backstage door and the guard who as holding it just left so I ran and grabbed it to hold them back until some people came to help. It was super crazy to say the least.

To further the story that is the show that Ghost if refering to on GZA LP where he says the "promoters trying to hold dough...". The promoters or co promoters were the group All Natural and they made a diss song in reply that flipped the Daytona Ghost people differently... that's the story for those that care.

As far as King Just goes. He was cool....really hyper/energetic and he definitely would rather play video games than do retail/radio runs...ha. I was doing radio on WNUR then and I let him host the show with me. It was cool, he hosted and freestyled all night, I got it on tape somewhere. His label/mgmt was on some street shit for real, they sent my payment in cash thru the mail, gangsta.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

To further the story that is the show that Ghost if refering to on GZA LP where he says the "promoters trying to hold dough...". The promoters or co promoters were the group All Natural and they made a diss song in reply that flipped the Daytona Ghost people differently... that's the story for those that care.

As far as King Just goes. He was cool....really hyper/energetic and he definitely would rather play video games than do retail/radio runs...ha. I was doing radio on WNUR then and I let him host the show with me. It was cool, he hosted and freestyled all night, I got it on tape somewhere. His label/mgmt was on some street shit for real, they sent my payment in cash thru the mail, gangsta.

all natural was that group from atlanta right?

on a side note...what were those cd's you put out that had tons of rare shit? i left them at my house in san diego, but have been fiending to hear them. i'll pick them up next time i go back down there. they were dope!

• No, All Natural is from Chicago.

I put a couple volumes of the rare CD stuff. There was:

Time Travel Vaults (1-2) that had rare stuff and exclusives from a bunch of New York artists and some West Coast and Midwest too.

Then There was Shoebox Classic (Vol 1-3) That was all rare chicago demos.

I had several more of both volumes planned but just never did them....

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    all natural dissed ghostface? lol missed that one. All i ever got from them was that 50 years song, which admittedly was one of my favorite underground tracks of that era.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I had several more of both volumes planned but just never did them....

you should man. they were good.

i gotta hear that ghost diss.

• To further the story that is the show that Ghost if refering to on GZA LP where he says the "promoters trying to hold dough...". The promoters or co promoters were the group All Natural and they made a diss song in reply that flipped the Daytona Ghost people differently... that's the story for those that care.

all natural was that group from atlanta right?

you mean mass influence?

• King Just dropped mad Shaolin references and had a high school kid like me confused. I was scooping Pop The Brown Hornet and anything wu-related, but I never really could get into King Just. I think I always felt duped about him being affiliated.

I'll ride for King Sun every day though. At least righteous but ruthless.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I'll ride for King Sun every day though. At least righteous but ruthless.

I was just bumping Righteous but Ruthless last night, in fact. King Sun is so freaking nice with his...he rides the fuck out of those beats and sounds absolutely effortless in doing do.