local bottled tea experience?

AserAser 2,351 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
金の烏龍茶 黄金桂 (itoen iced golden ooolong tea)suntory oolong teavita lemon teavita chrysanthemum teahip me to some more, the less sugar the better.

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Add vodka and you got one hell of a drink.

• I'm still weighing the pros and cons of drinking this stuff:

• def rolling w/ ito en green tea (w/o sugar)...
    my classic... ideally combined w/ cheap sushi from fujiya japanese grocer in vancouver. in toronto, i'm fucked...

• actually, it goes purdy good w/ a mixed veg korma roti from gandhi's...

• I like Honest Tea a lot.

• must add i've been loving trips to T&T on cherry by the lake... i can get my ito en fix, wander the aisles, and enjoy the tunes...

• The real deal

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Sweet Leaf Tea, made here in Austin, is pretty good.

• The real deal

looks rad...

• The real deal

looks rad...

Yeah, place is a pretty famous local diner..been around forever. Dude that takes your order is a funny dude. As seen in this clip:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

vita lemon tea

vita chrysanthemum tea

My gurl loves these.

While not the greatest thing ever. I do drink lots of this. For such a huge can and only .99 cents it's hard to beat when looking for something refreshing on campus.

Whats up with their site?

http://www.drinkarizona.com/

I'm scratching with the bottle.

• My gurl loves these.

While not the greatest thing ever. I do drink lots of this. For such a huge can and only .99 cents it's hard to beat when looking for something refreshing on campus.

I love Arizona... Like you said, you get a HUGE can and it's only 99 cents. My main tea of choice is the Green Tea with Honey & Ginsgeng, but the straight up Sweet Tea is decent too. I tried out the Red Apple Green Tea and it was good too.

On the other hand, I tried the Black & White Iced Tea with Ginseng & Honey and it tasted horrible. It literally tasted like tea with cigarette ashes in it. Ugh. I don't know if I just had a bad can or what but I don't think I'll be trying it again anytime soon to find out.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    def rolling w/ ito en green tea (w/o sugar)

Yes. Ito En's bottled genmai cha is the best bottled tea I've ever tasted.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

On the other hand, I tried the Black & White Iced Tea with Ginseng & Honey and it tasted horrible. It literally tasted like tea with cigarette ashes in it. Ugh. I don't know if I just had a bad can or what but I don't think I'll be trying it again anytime soon to find out.

The Black & White is the schitt. It has real cane sugar not that sloppy ass corn fructose sizzur. You look kinda gay drinking it though, with the yin and yang in your hand.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    def rolling w/ ito en green tea (w/o sugar)

Yes. Ito En's bottled genmai cha is the best bottled tea I've ever tasted.

Strctly itoen. No sugar, and no high fructose corn syrup.

• Man I miss the tea in Japan... Convenient stores in America have shit for drinks.

And the tea! Diet green tea?! What the fuck does tea have to be diet for, it has zero calories... Oh, American green is filled with high fructose corn syrup, and artificial flavors that make it taste like shit...

Itoen's "Tea's Tea" for the American market is dope! I wish you could get this stuff in convenient stores... The prices are jacked up in the health food stores, but the 2-liter bottles are only four dollars at Tarjay...

http://www.itoen.com/tea/index.cfm?gclid=CJTVt9u9ppACFRgiIgodoXqgrQ

• i always pull the trigger on them weird herbal ice teas at the banh mi shops. i forget the name but some of thems are waaay too sweet.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Convenient stores in America have shit for drinks.

This is no joke - its becoming almost impossible to find 100% juice (apple and orange can still be found but I can't get excited about paying $2 for those)

You're pretty much guaranteed either corn syrup or bullshit artificial-ass sweeteners unless you're getting beer or water

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    here in oz were big on blended ice teas....
    theres this place called easyway... man here in summer..

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm still weighing the pros and cons of drinking this stuff:

that kamoucha stuff is pretty wild. i've only tried the guava -- it takes some getting used to but seems healthy..

I'm feeling this:

it's all about the miraculous mints. good luck finding it.. if you do, let me know where!!!