Big Ill a.k.a ill (al skratch)

djnikolessdjnikoless 236 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
anyone know what happened to this dude? He used to be a "ill" MC, then he sort of started dumbing it down and/or thugging it up more but he was still nice. I've been curious about his whereabouts lately. Unfortunately googling or myspace searching "Ill' isn't very effective....Any info?

Comments

• just put out the call, he'll come...

You: "where my homies?"

Ill: "..........chillin in the hood."
    Ill: "What's up dawg? NIce to know someone's thinking of me."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I was just listening to them today, "Don't Shut Down Down On A Player." I wish I had "Where My Homies" though.

• just put out the call, he'll come...

You: "where my homies?"

Ill: "..........chillin in the hood."
    Ill: "What's up dawg? NIce to know someone's thinking of me."

already tried that, didn't work... this post was my last resort...

• don't think i've heard much since "creep wit me." i really liked that record, brian mcknight on "i'll take her" was the jam also. heavy 8th grade walkman rotation right there.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    heavy 8th grade walkman rotation right there.

Receive your crown.

• where my homies and I'll take her are two of the best joints from that year. I'm not really missing htese guys from the lyrical landscape but I will always enjoy listening to those two joints right there.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I was just listening to them today, "Don't Shut Down Down On A Player." I wish I had "Where My Homies" though.

Here ya' go..........................

Where my homiez

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    i gained new respect for him after listening to the 20 minutre freestyle from big daddy kanes birthday (1990). not only was his verse the best, he basically dissed the man of the hour right to his face. you may be able to grab it at stretch armstrongs blog.

• I was just listening to them today, "Don't Shut Down Down On A Player." I wish I had "Where My Homies" though.

I always prefered that E Bros. track on the flip side on that single...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I always prefered that E Bros. track on the flip side on that single...

"Funky Piano" - that's my shit.

Goddamn, I haven't thought about "Hmm, I'll Take Her" in the LONGEST.

• heavy 8th grade walkman rotation right there.

Receive your crown.

forgot about that one haha!

• i gained new respect for him after listening to the 20 minutre freestyle from big daddy kanes birthday (1990). not only was his verse the best, he basically dissed the man of the hour right to his face. you may be able to grab it at stretch armstrongs blog.

actually if you listen close, the freestyle is dissing vanilla ice..its become bit of an urban legend that he was dissing kane becuz of the barry white line..

("his name is ice but if i bumrush imma beat that ass down & his name'll be slush")

unfortunely a lot of the other stuff he was saying about vanilla in that rhyme could also be said about kane ("came out hardcore & tried to switch up....")

• i gained new respect for him after listening to the 20 minutre freestyle from big daddy kanes birthday (1990). not only was his verse the best, he basically dissed the man of the hour right to his face. you may be able to grab it at stretch armstrongs blog.

actually if you listen close, the freestyle is dissing vanilla ice..its become bit of an urban legend that he was dissing kane becuz of the barry white line..

("his name is ice but if i bumrush imma beat that ass down & his name'll be slush")

unfortunely a lot of the other stuff he was saying about vanilla in that rhyme could also be said about kane ("came out hardcore & tried to switch up....")

yeah, I always found it weird that he was supposedly dissing Kane but it was Mister Cee who was the one circulating this freestyle tape around in the beginning and guess he was pushing to help Ill get a deal. I do think it's pretty fresh that he got "unsigned hype" I think pretty much based on that freestyle...now that's ill.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    i gained new respect for him after listening to the 20 minutre freestyle from big daddy kanes birthday (1990). not only was his verse the best, he basically dissed the man of the hour right to his face. you may be able to grab it at stretch armstrongs blog.

to me, both the vanilla ice & bdk disses are both blatant.
    heres the verse about kane:
    "came out hardcore, then try to switch up.
    don't blame me, you need to smack your bitch up.
    cause that night you must have hit the cherry right,
    because she gased ya, and now you think youre barry white"