BOOTSTRUT (Winter Boot Options Related)

BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I'm in dire need of some new everyday winter footwear.I live in Toronto.I deal with the occasional (and current) bout of heavy snowfall, but most often must tread treacherous icy suburban sidewalks.I want something I can rock as an everyday kind of footwear. Doesn't need to be some polar ice-cap scaling deal. But it's gotta be waterproof and fairly high.Let me in on your local winter boot experience.Many thanks!

Comments

• Timberland has always got me through the winter here in the UK...

• Danner has treated me pretty well for the last couple of winters.

Peace,

Dress

• Danner has treated me pretty well for the last 10 winters.

Mountain Light II's - Love'em.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    im in the same need, except i walk around 2 miles into work and 2 miles back, so i need them to be comfys.

them adidas look alright comfy tho, some feedback?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Check Mountain Equipment Co-op at King and Spadina and Sporting Life at Yonge and Lawrence.

• Denver Boot:

Very popular 'round these parts.

• -

sorels

This is what I got - all black. Warm, waterproof, not butt-ugly and $100! I'm looking to get the standard beige and navy blue ones this year.

• i got the timbos on my toes, and this is how it goes...

• The Adidas GSG9 Tactical Boot.
    Named for the German counterterrorism squad.

* Full grain leather upper for comfort
    * ClimaProof upper with seam-sealed membrane for water-resistance and breathability
    * 3-Stripes saddle construction of abrasion-resistant adiTUFF material for superior midfoot support and protection
    * High abrasion-resistant wrap insert in arch area for safer and extremely effective braking control during 'Fast Roping' assaults, RopeAssaultProtection (RAP)
    * adiPRENE heel insert for comfort and shock absorption
    * Engineered, tactical outsole featuring Traxion outsole lugs for ultimate grip
    * Imported

The obvious choice for the thinking man's ninja.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I have boots that I don't wear anymore, northface, timberland trail ones, etc. I feel too old to be wearing those.

I get down with redwings now.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I have boots that I don't wear anymore, northface, timberland trail ones, etc. I feel too old to be wearing those.

First pair of actual boots posted so far.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

My dad fucks with these. I'm not trying to say they're for old dudes, but I was thinking this morning while walking in the newly fallen Chicago snow that I'll be at the age soon where I'll be rocking some Red Wings just like pa dukes. Simple and very effective.

On a related-note, do any of you guys have recommendations on some shits that are low-tops and more like shoes? Like with Gore-Tex and stuff? A lot of times I need some water protection but don't need to be clunking around in a big pair of boots all day, gnome sayne?

these look too nice to get all salty and slushy.

• Options

Red Wings is a good company, you can bring them back every year to get reconditioned too. I used to work with guys who swore by them, but when I bought a pair I had to bring them back after a week because they were digging into my shin. I switched to Timberland Pro and never looked back.

Then again, these were workboots I'm referring to which might not be what this thread is about. Aser, you climbing telephone poles in those things?

• On a related-note, do any of you guys have recommendations on some shits that are low-tops and more like shoes? Like with Gore-Tex and stuff? A lot of times I need some water protection but don't need to be clunking around in a big pair of boots all day, gnome sayne?

The Ecco Track series are good. I have a pair of lowtops. They cost a shitload but they're sturdy as fuck.

The hightops are even better, but I'm not wanting to wear these to school:

These are more of a mid, but anyone I've known to have owned these swears they're the best:

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    On a related-note, do any of you guys have recommendations on some shits that are low-tops and more like shoes? Like with Gore-Tex and stuff? A lot of times I need some water protection but don't need to be clunking around in a big pair of boots all day, gnome sayne?

The Ecco Track series are good. I have a pair of lowtops. They cost a shitload but they're sturdy as fuck.

The hightops are even better, but I'm not wanting to wear these to school:

Ecco's got low tops? I had a pair of regular Ecco boots a couple of years ago. Yeah, they were expensive but they were dope. I had them for seven years until the calcium chloride (or whatever the hell it was) they were mixing with the salt they were spraying on the streets in Chicago basically ate away the gummy soles and I had to trash them. I'll have to peep those.

• co-sign 30 + joints!

• Timbs all seasons...